Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:27:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting New Indie Game: Baldric
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Indie Game: Baldric  (Read 859 times)
Abbot
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2015, 11:17:01 AM »

Hi Guys. This is Kevin Friscira. I am Italian and I have been

developing a new game for the last 6 months. Its name is Baldric

and is a Fantasy MMO/FPS Openworld.

I would like to have your opinion about the game. I am trying

also to launch a Kickstarter campaign with the Beta running to

then complete the game and release it.

Here's a little video:

If you want to TRY THE DEMO just download it from here:
http://bit.ly/1HdTm19

I have also created a Tumblr site

http://baldricthegame.tumblr.com/ so you can also comment there

Smiley

Any feedback is welcome

Thanks guys  Wizard

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:28:21 AM by Abbot » Logged
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 01:26:38 PM »

I gave it a short try, but might play more later, which I find a bit interesting. The thing is, the game did not make a very good first impression on me at all: no graphical options, a visible cursor that acts strangely, misaligned textures, broken stairs where you have to jump up the last step, and an incredibly slow default movement speed...but I did kinda like the layout of the town (which makes me curious what the rest of the world is like), and the combat seems like it'll at least feel different from most games.

If you want to attract people enough for them to fund you, though, I'd recommend fixing the basic things like the stairs, texture alignment, mouse, etc. Showing that you care about the quality of your work would, I think, entice more people to spend money on you and your project.

Other misc comments:

-Maybe running should be the default speed, and a modifier key should be used to slow down.
-I also naturally tried using Shift to run and was surprised to see it bound to something else.
-It was unclear why clicking on a statue on the portal screen caused a sloooow zoom-in on the statue for no apparent reason.
-Having the view move around while I'm trying to use the spell book is really annoying. Maybe consider having one mouse button by the "lock view so I can use the cursor" button that players can hold down in those situations.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Abbot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 02:30:09 PM »

Thanks so much for your feedback  Tongue this is in an alpha stage so we trying to make the things better (actually this is just a concept of the final game). We will fix everything you said in your reply eheh that where "known problems"  My Word!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic