Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:36:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Crit me pixels!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Crit me pixels!  (Read 1069 times)
damousey
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2015, 05:49:57 AM »

This top post will always have the piece I'm looking for feedback on, so you don't have to wade through the rest of the progress and disscussion

Currently looking for insight on these:

The empty doorway is a part of the game that is not complete, please disregard that.
I'm specifically looking for critique useful to getting into pixel art, what am I not delivering on at the moment that you would expect to see in assets like this?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 06:48:24 AM by damousey » Logged

intro post|protype|arthread(coming soon)
damousey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 05:51:17 AM »

post reserved for moving the first OP to.

intro post|protype|arthread(coming soon)
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 04:59:16 PM »

So, some of it doesn't really read as pixelart to me, mainly the interaction between the lights and the wallpaper (funny that it doesn't feel as strong in the other room).  That being said, I really like it. I get a very strong Ghost Trick vibe from it, and that's a very good thing.

EDIT:
Also, you should post this in the stickied pixel art thread, as you are much more likely to get eyes on it there (in addition to more critique).
CornerBoothGames
Level 0

Artist & Game Dev Guy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 11:42:39 AM »

I think they look great. If I was to remark on one thing that I noticed, it would be that the outside background area isn't as "finished" looking as the interiors. I realize you might have been going for atmospheric perspective as well. That would be the only thing I would tweak. Perhaps a few clouds or a bit more detail, nothing major. Otherwise, they look awesome!

stringkiller
Level 1

Fat Pixel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 04:02:14 PM »

Looks really good, doing pixel art with high resolution for a game is really time consuming good job.
The only thing that looks a bit out of place to me is that some of the shadows look a bit gray-ish, I would add some hue variation to that, as Fallsburg pointed at out It doesn't really fit all the well it could particulary in the top left room and maybe adding a little bit of colour to the grey shadows would help.

< check out the devlog! or Twitter!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic