Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:20:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessLook for co-operation to put a project on Kickstarter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Look for co-operation to put a project on Kickstarter  (Read 916 times)
ZDeveloper
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 04, 2015, 11:12:46 AM »

Hello,

I am a co-founder of a small game development studio based in Dortmund, Germany. We found the studio 2008 and developed several games for different platforms. During the last 1,5 years we wanted to try out crowdfunding for one of our projects, but the platform of our choice (kickstarter) don't allowed pitching projects from Germany.

Here in Germany we can't start project-pitches on Kickstarter. There were some rumors last year that Kickstarter would allow projects from Germany last autumn, but it seems to be false information because nothing happend. If someone has newer information, please share it with me.

But till there is no direct possibility, I am searching for different possibilities for us to put our project on Kickstarter. One possibility is to found a company in UK or USA or Netherlands, but these generate several costs in advanced and would make our accounting not more complicated. I would like invest the money in the campaign itself instead. Wink

So there is another possibility: a co-operation with someone who is located in one of the countries where kickstarter allow start projects from.

What we are searching for is the possibility to put a project on kickstarter! Not PR for the campaign. Only when the first step is done, we can speak about the next step like support with PR and Marketing.

Is here someone who can and want help us? (please send me a pm for further discussion Smiley )

I also know that there are companies out there which help people put projects on Kickstarter. Sadly I don't know anymore the names and contacts. So if you know some, please post it here.

I am co-founder of z-software, small indie gamedevelopment studio located in Germany.

Our games:
History in Letters - The Eternal Alchemist (http://z-software.net/site/history-in-letters-the-eternal-alchemist/)
Solar Struggle (www.solarstruggle.com)
Fruitbash (www.fruitbash.com)
Rush on Rome
ZDeveloper
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 07:01:09 AM »

I don't get much responses here, but I see some views. Perhaps another people are interesting in kickstarter, but can't start a project there. Here is an interesting article: http://www.guenthertax.com/blog/2012/08/how-someone-outside-the-usa-could-start-a-kickstarter-campaign/

I am co-founder of z-software, small indie gamedevelopment studio located in Germany.

Our games:
History in Letters - The Eternal Alchemist (http://z-software.net/site/history-in-letters-the-eternal-alchemist/)
Rush on Rome
Chris Koźmik
Level 5

Silver Lemur Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 12:42:56 PM »

Most people I know (from EU) simply go to UK, create a company there and then they can use it.

It's somewhat troublesome but nothing very difficult (haven't tried it myself). The cost would be around like 500 GBP (setup and one year operation).

There are tons of companies that help you setup a company in UK from abroad (at least in Poland we have tons of such companies :D)

Personally, I will rather go for IndieGoGo... But it's more because I have no time to deal with these things (if I had a bigger team I would definitely try Kickstarter).

Stellar Monarch 2 (dev log, IN DEVELOPMENT)
Stellar Monarch (dev log, released)
ZDeveloper
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 07:13:47 AM »

Thank you for your reply. Yes, founding a limited in the UK or Netherlands is the most probable case for us.

Our games:
Rush on Rome
sec32
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 01:09:10 AM »

ZDeveloper, I'm looking for exactly the same thing. I'm the creator and Developer of InsidePete (see http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=43727.0).

My company is based in Belgium, which is not officially supported by Kickstarter. I ran through all my funding, and more, and stil have a few months of development to go. I would like to use Kickstarter, not IndieGogo because of the funding succes rate. I suppose you have the same reason to choose for Kickstarter.

If there's anybody that can help, just by forwarding to a person or an internet source, please do. I thank you!

ZDeveloper, I wish you a lot of success. If you have found a solution, don't hesitate to post it here. I will do the same!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic