Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411496 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 06:38:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsLove-Letter-Comp for Valentine's day
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Author Topic: Love-Letter-Comp for Valentine's day  (Read 95507 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2009, 04:11:24 PM »

I just thought up a way to detect if they're all in one clump and will try it later: I could take all the x and y positions for every particle, and compare the highest and the lowest x and the highest and the lowest y; if the distance between the highest and lowest is below some arbitrary amount (say, 300 pixels, I'd experiment with different values) then it'd count as together. There would still probably be problems with that, such as single particles that float by and miss counting as joining together, but it'd probably work okay for the most part. I don't know how fast that'd be, though. Is it a bad idea to check an array of 200 elements for the max and min every frame?

Sam
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2009, 08:27:29 AM »

as a matter of interest, of those entries actually presented to bedoted others, how were they received?

The Magic Catflap was very well received!  Kind of surprisingly, my bedoted has played through maybe a dozen times now.  Short linear games are the key to replayability?

We live quite a distance apart and I've been visiting her for the past week, so I've only just had a chance to check out all the entries.  They're pretty fantastic! Kiss

"I love you" creeped me out, and isn't that the real meaning of Valentine's day?
ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2009, 08:33:56 AM »

"I love you" creeped me out, and isn't that the real meaning of Valentine's day?

If you're not in a relationship, sometimes! I'm sure all the boys and girls today dream of their creepy stalker sniffing their mail-box after they receive their heart-shaped-stale-cookie-confections and/or competition indie games. (I don't know why they would sniff a mailbox for the latter)

If you're in one, though, it's a little harder to creep one another out. It is, however, the perfect day to realize 'oh shit, I'd better do something before he/she wakes up to surprise him/her'. It's more funny when the same thought occurs to both parties and they end up awkwardly making breakfast for each other, then trying to sneak away from one another to buy a last minute present and pretend it was in a hiding place all along. I may or may not be speaking from experience.

Currently brainstorming for a project
professor dead
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2009, 08:35:47 AM »

I may or may not be speaking from experience.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2009, 08:54:56 AM »

On Feb 14th in South Korea, the girls buy guys chocolate. On March 14th, the guys buy girls chocolate. On April 14th, those that didn't receive any chocolate eat black noodles alone. (These are all true, check Wikipedia.)

ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2009, 09:01:22 AM »

I may or may not be speaking from experience.

Well, if I was the only one who screwed up, I'd just go out and admit it. As it stands, though, I'm not allowed to say that the other 50% (i.e.- her side) of that story is true, probably because it's mildly embarrassing.

On Feb 14th in South Korea, the girls buy guys chocolate. On March 14th, the guys buy girls chocolate. On April 14th, those that didn't receive any chocolate eat black noodles alone. (These are all true, check Wikipedia.)

B-... But it's only tradition, right? You can choose NOT to eat the black noodles... right?

Currently brainstorming for a project
mirosurabu
« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2009, 09:17:01 AM »

Quote from: increpare
as a matter of interest, of those entries actually presented to bedoted others, how were they received?

Fortunately, I didn't make it for bedoted one. Smiley
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2009, 12:34:49 PM »

Yeah!  Fifth place!  Congrats to everyone; there were some really artistic things done with this competition.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2009, 10:46:39 AM »

i just posted my entry to this on newsgrounds as an experiment. i expected more haters, but they were mostly positive, with the main complaint being that it's not a game (what category should it have gone in though? it said 'games and interactive', and it is interactive at least).

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/497769

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic