Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:37:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsLove-Letter-Comp for Valentine's day
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Love-Letter-Comp for Valentine's day  (Read 95438 times)
increpare
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2009, 05:47:51 PM »

had a quick play of heart heist there.  Its platform feel brings megaman to mind quite a lot (for which is appeals to me all the more).

It looks very well put together, and seems like it should be perfectly sized for the material it contains (constituting a decent working out of its contents/&c.), but more on that when I've finished the bloody thing I guess!
professor dead
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2009, 05:48:40 PM »

heart heist was really coolio but, alas, i died at the boss.  does the caged person only give one heart? agh!
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2009, 06:29:22 PM »

Heart Heist is absolutely wonderful! Kudos, dude! Coffee

mirosurabu
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2009, 04:10:35 AM »

I Love You

First build: Windows binary ZIP

Requires DirectX August 2008 update.

CONTROLS: Arrow keys to move, Z to jump, ESC to quit, Alt+Enter to go fullscreen

NOTE: Not suitable for children under 16 years of age and for general casual game audience (Reflexive people, I'm looking at you)

Phew.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 09:59:52 AM by Miroslav Malešević » Logged
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2009, 04:27:01 AM »

Nice style! Great music.

Does the game end at the

SPOILER

pipe?

/SPOILER
mirosurabu
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2009, 04:36:39 AM »

NO! You didn't get it. Sad

But thanks for the compliments. Smiley
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2009, 04:44:14 AM »

NO! You didn't get it. Sad

But thanks for the compliments. Smiley
(I thought the whole thing was about sex. Maybe I just need to go up and down the pipe a couple more times?   Durr...?)

Yeah, sorry, I'm really bad at interpreting stuff like this  Shrug

EDIT: Yeah, it's definitely about sex.

EDIT2: Oh, I was actually right, it goes on. Cool beans.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 04:52:27 AM by battlerager » Logged
mirosurabu
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2009, 04:58:20 AM »

There you go. Smiley It should be replayed once it's completed for the first time, so that one can build the whole picture of what the game is supposed to be.

I thought about adding "crypted walkthrough" but I thought it will ruin whole concept.
increpare
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2009, 05:06:35 AM »

Good game MM Smiley  I like the pacing.

the last section took me longer than maybe it should...
TheBlackMask
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2009, 05:10:52 AM »

Really neat.  It's subtle, but only up to a point.  Yeah, the last part took me forever, too.
increpare
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2009, 05:15:49 AM »

Andy, your game was quite beautiful, though I almost overlooked the small flower/seedy things on the penultimate screen

Coulomb's law is...hard...I got to the spike pit level, then just sort of game up...buggy physics aside, it's quite entertaining.  A crisp fullscreen mode would add to it nicely.
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2009, 07:46:58 AM »

Coulomb's law is...hard...I got to the spike pit level, then just sort of game up...buggy physics aside, it's quite entertaining.  A crisp fullscreen mode would add to it nicely.
Was that the one where the (-) charge is in the pit?  That one is tough, but is the second to last level.  I may make more levels, since the deadline has been extended.

Also, what element of the physics was buggy for you?  And, about the fullscreen, if you press F4, it takes away the window and makes the edges black (though it doesn't stretch the screen very much; GM4.3's fullscreen is pretty buggy and doesn't look nice).  If you don't want to click outside the window, I would suggest that.

I liked your game a lot, though everyone is still asleep at the moment, so I haven't been able to try it as it should be played (with two people).  I'll post in Feedback when I have the chance to properly play it.

increpare
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2009, 07:47:51 AM »

Also, what element of the physics was buggy for you? 
I kept on falling through walls.
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2009, 07:59:50 AM »

Really?  I only would occasionally get that, if I placed a charge right above the character when he sits on a platform.  Obviously, to play the game, you wouldn't want to to this, but since I have time because of the extended deadline, I may try to fix this.

increpare
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2009, 08:09:41 AM »

Really?  I only would occasionally get that, if I placed a charge right above the character when he sits on a platform.  Obviously, to play the game, you wouldn't want to to this, but since I have time because of the extended deadline, I may try to fix this.
sometimes even if you don't put it right above, but put it a reasonable distance above.  on the pit level, for instance, if you put two charges near the top of the pit, it will happen to the particle.  it should be easy enough deal with though, right?
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2009, 08:19:14 AM »

sometimes even if you don't put it right above, but put it a reasonable distance above.  on the pit level, for instance, if you put two charges near the top of the pit, it will happen to the particle.  it should be easy enough deal with though, right?
I don't know - a lot of time was spent working with those collisions - and I thought I had the best fix possible.  I'm using GM4.3 for this, though I was never very good at collision detection in platform-like games (especially since I am using a completely original engine - I can't really use a lot of GM's built-in functions).  The last platform-like game game I made was The Red Wedge, and even that had a few bugs.

mirosurabu
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2009, 10:03:10 AM »

Good game MM Smiley  I like the pacing.

the last section took me longer than maybe it should...
Really neat.  It's subtle, but only up to a point.  Yeah, the last part took me forever, too.

Thanks. Smiley

I did have my doubts for second stage. I spent more time testing if it can be passed than I spent coding it. Then I removed one block and assumed it's simple enough. I'll fix this (and ugly procreation artwork) for final build/release.
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2009, 10:46:28 AM »

I have attempted to fix this bug, please try the new version (v1.2).  Sorry about the original buggy version.

increpare
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2009, 03:21:27 PM »

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TIME IS RUNNING OUT BUT THERE'S STILL TIME TO MAKE A GAME, OVER HALF AN HOUR

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT
pgil
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2009, 03:22:01 PM »

Last-minute entry time!

It's called Mouse and Mouse. It's a casual two-player puzzle game, meant to be played with someone close to you.

http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=download&fileid=55275

Oh, and you're encouraged to cheat and distract your opponent.

Oh.. I forgot: Press R to start a new level.

Oh.... yeah, also the game doesn't keep score. Because.. um... it's a game about trusting your sig. other... or because I'm lazy. Anyways HAVE FUN KIDS!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 04:36:53 PM by pgil » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic