Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:56:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDerailed Delivery - Alpha Build available! (07/02)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Derailed Delivery - Alpha Build available! (07/02)  (Read 1056 times)
illugion
Level 1

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2015, 02:56:50 PM »

Hey! Welcome to Derailed Delivery devlog! ( was called Magniloot before )

This is Ruckus... or Rocco.. I'm not sure yet! He is the main character of this game!

The idea behind this game is simple: arcadey fun with minecarts. It should play somewhat like Mario mixed with Donkey Kong's minecart levels. Your objective is to collect as much stuff as possible, throw it all in the minecart and travel to the end of the level, making a highscore and overcoming some monsters and obstacles on the way. I haven't planned every aspect of gameplay as I feel like I should just keep making it until I like it. My first thought was to make it 4 player local coop but i'm still working on the basics of 1 player.

Current GIF (lots of placeholders):

First GIF

( It's not supposed to be shaking, I think I messed up the gif recording :S )

I've been working on this for a little while ( while I wasn't procrastinating ) and now I decided to make a devlog to receive criticism and to keep me organized :D

Things that are in the game:
  • Basic player movement
  • Basic box interaction ( you can stack them and then throw )
  • A stopped minecart that you can store boxes and get points for your score
  • Basic minecart movement

Things that I need to add asap:
  • Railroad
  • Enemies (and health?)

Current Build (07/02/2015):-Derailed Delivery Alpha-

Controls: Arrows to move, S to jump and D to interact with boxes // or press T to toggle to W A S D and N M

DISCLAIMER: The game is still pretty early in development, BE READY FOR THE BUGS
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:11:08 PM by illugion » Logged
illugion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 10:07:35 PM »

Made a little progress today, added minecart movement and interaction, it's supposed to bounce off when hitting walls ( but it has a bug with that ) and you can jump while in it.

Also, this

This is not supposed to happen

( Oh and I changed the name from Magniloot to Derailed Delivery, it's much better in my oppinion )
Tyro
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 10:39:43 PM »

Heya!

I tried the demo out, and the gameplay seemed pretty smooth. I did have trouble making precise jumps to those tiny squares above the minecart though.

Also, I found a bug: sometimes, when trying to grab on ledges you would just automatically warp to top of them without the hanging/climbing animation.

Any idea what environments you have planned out for the game? The demo area is all desert-y, but you could put minecarts in a lot of places I imagine (mineshafts, abandoned subways, etc.)

Lastly, I really liked the character sprite. He was well animated and cutesy. Seems like an interesting project all in all. Good luck with it!

illugion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 08:08:37 PM »

Thank you for the feedback, Tyro!

About those little squares, they will not be on the game itself, I was testing the ledge climb on them and kinda left it there. I will make some kind of wall that you can't walljump so you need to find some spots to grab onto.

About the bug, yes, the animation right now is actually pretty sloppy, the ledge climb almost doesnt exist, I will fix that when I get to work more on the graphics ( it's mostly wip right now )

I wanted to make the most variety of environments as I can, mineshafts and abandoned subways are great ideas, i also want an icy place, a forest, a lava place... maybe a full of water level too? ( hope thats not too difficult )

Thank you for the kind words!

----

Not a lot of things added but here is the first weird new enemy ( it's like a spider + frog thing )

You can kill it with boxes or jumping on their heads, also combo

And now you can die too!  Who, Me?

I need to make this more dramatic

It has so many bugs right now that I don't wanna post the new alpha yet, I'm trying to add as much stuff as possible first and then take care of the bugs later  Tongue
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic