Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:29:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioDesigning Dynamic Audio
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Designing Dynamic Audio  (Read 629 times)
MereMonkey
Level 2

Creator of Music

View Profile WWW
« on: February 07, 2015, 05:45:04 AM »

Hey all, thought I would make this post as it may interest some of you. I recently recorded a video showing off how I designed the audio for a medieval tavern using FMOD Studio in a game designed in Unity called Hexjack, which is linked below. When brought on by Michel (the developer) he had the idea of having the sound of a living and breathing tavern coming out of the speaker and I thought FMOD would be the best way to achieve this without the need for larger files, as it was planned to be released on android devices.

My question here is, have any of you lovely poeple used a similar approach when tackling a situation like this one or do you have a different method entirely?

Would love to hear/learn from all your experiences!

Cheers  Coffee

Devlog: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=45256.msg1094110#msg1094110

Video:

My Site  -  My Twitter - *GASP* MY SPINACH PUFFS!
WittyNotes
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 11:21:23 AM »

Great stuff! I still haven't learned how to make transitions that fade between different EQ and volume levels yet, so any advice on which tutorials to watch would be greatly appreciated.
MereMonkey
Level 2

Creator of Music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 11:39:12 AM »

Thanks  Smiley I personally just did alot of tinkering about with it until I figured out how to use it haha (still learning) I would recommend doing this though I'm sure there are some tutorials out there. The easiest way you can fade between levels is to use a parameter with seek speed, this means that for example if its value is set from 0 to 1 it slowly moves to its value when changed and this speed can be altered in FMOD to your liking. (I briefly showed an example of that when talking about the master fader parameter) For more 'complex' events I use transition regions, which are set to a parameter's value, so when the value is equal to that set it would move to a marker in the event which is also assigned beforehand haha. If you need me to show you how to do this I have no problem doing so!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:49:20 AM by Mere_Monkey » Logged

My Site  -  My Twitter - *GASP* MY SPINACH PUFFS!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic