Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:15:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMonster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Print
Author Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate  (Read 17854 times)
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 01, 2015, 11:38:41 AM »

Ps. I found a talisman today with +6 handicraft and +7 mounting, holy shit. If I stick this on the Narga Set I can have evasion +3, evade dist, sharpness and Rodeo God at the same time. Just need to kill some Bnahabras first...

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2015, 12:53:27 AM »

In all fairness, I haven't dedicated much time to it, but I'm finding this game pretty hard to just get started at.
I've cleared the 2 star quests and then no harder quests appear, there's far too many NPC's to talk to and most of them I don't understand what they are saying

yeahjim
Level 0

asdf

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 02, 2015, 09:52:46 AM »

The dialogue is excruciating and the plot is nonexistent. Just skip past it. Talk to people with floating ellipses to get new quests. Typically you need to complete an "Urgent Quest" to get to the next tier.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: May 02, 2015, 03:41:49 PM »

you may have to complete an expedition to proceed.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2015, 02:28:25 PM »

I got the game about two months ago, but due to my SD card being broken, I had to wait until recently to install and play it. I have started playing it around last Friday. I am hooked and very much like the game for having an aesthetic of play that no other game series has. Please send help in the form of palicoes, I can't seem to be able to hire more than the starter one.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 06, 2015, 02:50:26 PM »

takes a while of playing through caravan quests before you can hire more. honestly if you need help your better option is playing online.
yeahjim
Level 0

asdf

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2015, 05:25:30 AM »

The playing online part is an interesting question. You really can just get carried for quite a distance, at least early in the game. But you end up missing out on the brutal-but-necessary training regimen that makes it possible to survive later levels, or at least understand why you lost.

I have not been this addicted to a video game in about 10 years. I'm under the (probably false) impression that I'm fairly good with twitch games - I beat the original DmC on Dante Must Die mode - but I am consistently running into G Rank fights against monsters that are triggering my "fuck this, this is impossible" mental reflex.

A couple days ago I tried to take my palicos out against a Gold Rajang, a giant bull-monkey that breathes lightning and is about as fast and aggressive as a Japanese hornet. He murders my palicos in about 20 seconds and then turns to me. Simply trying to stay out of his way long enough to *try* to attack is a huge challenge. I am running out of stamina just running, rolling, and diving. I am 0 for 2. I am pissed. But I am going to get my win.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 13, 2015, 05:44:37 AM »

I've been playing Majora's Mask in order to finish it before returning to MH4, and I must say, going back from Monster Hunter to Zelda is like going from high school back to kindergarten in terms of combat. I'm also experiencing what Egoraptor described in his Sequelitis video about OOT. Every enemy is overly simple and boring and slow, and only some bosses and mini bosses are interesting to fight. I'm trying to 100% the game, but I'll probably search some of the more obscure things online.

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2015, 11:15:27 AM »

MH4U killed my video gaming! I haven't played anything else for months, despite only just having bought 3DS with several awesome games. Even Bloodborne simply made me go: "Why am I playing this, when I could be monster hunting?"

Then, there's this. The last straw:

What have I become?!  WTF
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 11:43:24 AM by TeeGee » Logged

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
yeahjim
Level 0

asdf

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2015, 11:31:55 AM »

Fucking rad. I want that. Where did you get that. Nm found it. Awesome.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2015, 01:56:11 PM »

I just failed to craft two out of three med-kit+. They have a 90% chance to succeed. That means I had a 1% chance of that happening. Flippin game and its crafting system. (Grumble grumble)

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2015, 04:22:07 PM »

Hey, my FC is 1762 2738 3430, just realized I'd never posted it before now. Let's get huntin' :D

EDIT: Has anyone created a gathering hall for the forum yet?

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2015, 09:17:43 AM »

Hey, my FC is 1762 2738 3430, just realized I'd never posted it before now. Let's get huntin' :D

EDIT: Has anyone created a gathering hall for the forum yet?
There's no way to make a "TIGS gathering hall" because halls don't persist across gameplay sessions. Each time you start the game and host it will be a new hall.

I'm using a Google Hangout to organize hunts with friends and acquaintances. It's not exclusively for TIGSource but me and Jim are both in there frequently. If you want to join just send me a PM with your google account deets.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 01, 2015, 09:14:36 AM »

Monster Hunter Cross trailer!

Explosions! Fireballs! Popcorn!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 01, 2015, 09:18:00 AM »

expanded version of mh4?
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 01, 2015, 09:24:35 AM »

Too soon. They should have waited a bit before unveiling this.

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: June 01, 2015, 09:24:52 AM »

Nah, another full entry. Changes include selectable play styles (4 per each weapon class) and special super skills. Sounds good so far.

In the meantime, I started playing online and now I'm G3. This is the furthest I got in any MH game which must mean something. Probably that I have no life.

Tom Grochowiak
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 01, 2015, 09:31:41 AM »

mh is a lot of fun online, and im saying that as someone who hates online games.

the reason i thought X is an expanded version of mh4 is that some of the maps and models shown in the trailer are clearly from mh4. but ok new mechanics means new "full" entry i guess

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: June 01, 2015, 09:45:36 AM »

I think one of the gimmicks is that you'll visit villages from past MH entries.

Tom Grochowiak
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 09, 2015, 02:02:47 AM »

In case you missed it there's some more DLC available this month:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2015/06/05/monster-hunter-4-ultimate-free-dlc-line-up-for-june

Sadly that Dante outfit for Palicos is low rank, so you're not going to get much use out of it. But there's another thing in this DLC that caught my attention.

One of the quests in this pack is an Arena Apex Diablos hunt. Notably, the Diablos does not begin in Apex form so you have plenty of time to damage it before it becomes dangerous. This makes it a great choice for newbs looking to farm Zenith Wyvern Gems for weapon honing.

I've heard rumors that the July pack is going to kick ass so I'm looking forward to that!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic