Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:55:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMonster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate  (Read 17868 times)
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2015, 11:08:27 PM »

Fuck yeah, landshark (rawr?). His video is entertaining too. Man, cats are way better than Shakalakas, I thought I was going to miss Yolo and Swag's antics but I am so over those two. I also solved my spider problem, turns out I should've been using a hammer all along.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2015, 06:27:31 AM »

Frenzied Tigrex.

Sweet Jesus save me from this nightmare.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2015, 11:14:11 AM »

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2015, 02:53:40 PM »

Ran into Khezu in the Frozen Seaway. Even with his new moves he's still ridiculously easy to take down but this fucking game crashed again this is like the fifth time now. WTF Capcom, learn to code your games right.

EDIT: How cool is Najarala. That's a way cool monster and his armour looks ridiculous. So far this is my favourite of the new monsters.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 08:32:49 PM by Türbo Bröther » Logged
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2015, 09:53:28 PM »

Finally made it to the high rank offline quests. Daimyo Hermitar is the first one and he hits like a truck.

After 30 hours I am in the real MH.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2015, 11:34:02 PM »

Does he still have his predilection for sticking his horn up your clacker or does he ease off on that this time around?
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2015, 08:42:23 AM »

He tried it a few times but it wasn't annoying to fight him like it used to be.

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2015, 05:32:43 AM »

Finally got around to playing my copy. Boy is it good! (But if earlier MH games weren't your cup of tea, this one won't change your mind either.)

I like that you are traveling around towns now. It's silly and the story is awful (if you can even call it a story), but it gives a nice enough sense of progression and breaks up from the monotony. The insane rooster also allows for no repeats or grind in the early stages -- each new mission means a new monster.

The learning curve is also much better, with low-ranked bosses taking a lot less hits to take down, which is appreciated as I'm otherwise a bit rusty -- the last MH I played was Tri. It still has the typical MH problem with tutorials, though. You spend hours upon hours learning the most obvious basics, while real combat starts much later and pretty much expects you to learn advanced techniques on your own. It could really take a hint from Dark Souls here.

Also, damn, would I like to play this on a normal console with human-sized controller. 3DS is rather cramped and the analogue nub is awful, so sometimes I struggle with controls more than with the monster. Not to mention cramps.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2015, 05:35:48 AM »

It still has the typical MH problem with tutorials, though. You spend hours upon hours learning the most obvious basics, while real combat starts much later and pretty much expects you to learn advanced techniques on your own. It could really take a hint from Dark Souls here.

If it took you hours upon hours to complete a series of entirely optional weapon tutorials, the intro (which explains almost everything in less than 10 minutes), then yeah sure. Hours upon hours.

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2015, 11:08:50 AM »

It still has the typical MH problem with tutorials, though. You spend hours upon hours learning the most obvious basics, while real combat starts much later and pretty much expects you to learn advanced techniques on your own. It could really take a hint from Dark Souls here.

If it took you hours upon hours to complete a series of entirely optional weapon tutorials, the intro (which explains almost everything in less than 10 minutes), then yeah sure. Hours upon hours.

Right. Because it's not like all the low-level quests are just a glorified tutorial.  Roll Eyes

It takes hours before you start battling big monsters, which is the meat of MH. First you have to complete several gathering/farming/mob-killing missions interrupted by frequent "hey, did I tell you how camera targeting works?" messages. Heck, I'm wrapping up 4 star quests now and I still feel like the real game is yet to start.

Tom Grochowiak
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2015, 11:19:53 AM »

well if you want to go that route then id say the entire pre hr quest game is entirely tutorials.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2015, 03:03:40 PM »

Seems like the quickest way to get rich in this game is to engage in jolly co-operation.

I was pleasantly surprised that the randoms who joined my HR1 party knew not to attack a mounted monster. I think I'll make a set specifically for co-op hunting with stuff that other hunters like to see, such as status conditions and automatic tracking.

yeahjim
Level 0

asdf

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2015, 11:24:52 AM »

Finally got a change to play for a couple hours. Tons of fun - everything I liked about MH3 is still there, and it looks like there's finally a feeling of not being trapped on a stupid island for the entire game. Why is it fun to gather herbs and honey?

I'm not sure what weapon to use. I've mostly done switch axe and gun lance before. The insect staff looks intimidating to try and learn... considering going for something really simple in theory, like the giant sword.

I was pleasantly surprised that the randoms who joined my HR1 party knew not to attack a mounted monster.

Ha, yeah, cool that even HR1 people know the basics like that. Though, in case other people aren't sure why you wouldn't want to do that, you should go ahead and explain it. I mean, obviously I know why you wouldn't do such a stupid thing; I'm saying you should explain it for other people.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2015, 05:35:14 PM »

Ha, yeah, cool that even HR1 people know the basics like that. Though, in case other people aren't sure why you wouldn't want to do that, you should go ahead and explain it. I mean, obviously I know why you wouldn't do such a stupid thing; I'm saying you should explain it for other people.
Damage makes monsters stagger. When the monster staggers, hunter falls off and becomes sad.

PROTIP: Successful mounts deal considerable damage to monster parts. If there's a part that needs breaking and you can't get it done the old-fashioned way, try mounting and then focusing on the desired part after the mount. Doubly useful because the monster will be incapacitated and you can then easily target otherwise inaccessible areas.

PROTIP: Hearing protection (from Earplugs, songs, etc) defends against monster roars during mounts in addition to their usual benefits, so it's highly useful when trying to mount a roaring monster.

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2015, 04:00:26 AM »

Damn. Can't get enough of this game! It's seriously eating into my development time. WHAT DO?

Tom Grochowiak
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2015, 06:19:14 AM »

Damn. Can't get enough of this game! It's seriously eating into my development time. WHAT DO?
There's only one thing to do now: Recreate Monster Hunter loot systems in your video game.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2015, 02:07:59 AM »

http://nintendoeverything.com/free-monster-hunter-4-ultimate-dlc-coming-march-6-adds-link-items-and-more/

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2015, 07:10:43 AM »

Why does the Mounting skill have to be on the worst armor set in the game? And the Mounting decoration requires G Rank materials to craft. Capcom pls

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2015, 07:27:41 AM »

Beware the sudden massive difficulty spike when you unlock Pink Rathian. Jesus Christ.

Also, I have to return my - ̗̀new ̖́- 3DS. The nub is broken and doesnt work half the time.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2015, 02:00:23 PM »

yo i bought this shit a few days ago and *gasp* i like it
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic