Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:52:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Creative2D particle editors?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 2D particle editors?  (Read 1538 times)
knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: February 10, 2015, 08:00:18 AM »

Hello everyone.

Im currently looking at my best options for particle effects for my game and was wondering If anyone had any recommended methods/editors/packages for making high quality particle effects for a 2D game?

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 08:03:10 AM »

http://www.rigzsoft.co.uk/

Anyone have experience with this software? seems affordable and results look pretty good.

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
Tobers
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 05:16:14 PM »

I used particle designer in previous jobs, it's not too advanced but it got the job done pretty well; and the developers got back to me quickly when I had a problem.

We started looking into Particle Magic, which is far more advanced, but in the end we didn't need it.

Oh god make it stop.
rigzsoft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 01:39:55 PM »

Hi, what kind of particle effects are you looking to create? I see you found my software already Smiley The free version can be useful for just trying out some ideas. I do take requests for effects libraries to add to the collection.

notpatchman
Level 0

Don't be me?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 05:57:31 PM »

USually they need to tie into your engines particle generator, no?

Should double-check compatibility before purchase.

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 04:17:26 AM »

Hi, what kind of particle effects are you looking to create? I see you found my software already Smiley The free version can be useful for just trying out some ideas. I do take requests for effects libraries to add to the collection.

Hey Rigzsoft I've grabbed the free version and am trying it out, we're doing a little review of what we need after Rezzed to finish and polish our game, but I really like what I see from it Smiley and seems really fairly priced too.

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 04:18:11 AM »

USually they need to tie into your engines particle generator, no?

Should double-check compatibility before purchase.

Our coder has been checking the APi's of all the tools we've been looking at and see's no problems so far Smiley

rigzsoft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 11:36:34 AM »

KnifieSpoonie: I just checked your site and discovered Brighton Game Collective that you're a founding member of - just so happens I live across the way in Eastbourne, small world Smiley That's something I'd be interested in as I'm looking to push my particle effects a lot more, maybe I can provide licenses or something, I'll send you an email when I get back home tomorrow (in Lewes atm Smiley )

Regarding APIs for TimelineFX a lot of people use the software purely for creating sprite sheets, but there are Blitzmax and Monkey libraries provided by me and someone did a C++ library as well available on github here: https://github.com/damucz/timelinefx.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic