Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 08:31:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudio.wavs and unreal 4
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: .wavs and unreal 4  (Read 807 times)
Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2015, 04:50:39 PM »

why is it that my .wavs exported from ableton live won't work with ue4? I know it's a long shot, but maybe someone else has experienced this problem?
I can re-render them in audacity to the same format (16bit, 44.1kHz) and they will work perfectly fine. but obviously, I'd rather skip that step
MereMonkey
Level 2

Creator of Music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 01:00:10 AM »

According to the website you have use 16bit for them to work in Unreal:

"The engine currently supports importing uncompressed little endian 16 bit wave files at any sample rate (although sample rates of 44100 Hz or 22050 Hz are recommended)."

I don't have much experience with this engine, just thought I would try help in any way I could cause I now how annoying it can be when things like these come up. Hope you get something sorted!

My Site  -  My Twitter - *GASP* MY SPINACH PUFFS!
pgil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 05:47:40 PM »

Does Ableton add any weird metadata to exported wav files?  Some programs add stuff to the header of WAV files, like loop points or song tempo.  That might trip up another program that's not expecting it.
Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 03:09:03 AM »

thanks for your replies. for some reason it worked after a few reboots the day after. somehow, the trick was to hover the dragged files over ue4's asset browser for a couple of seconds before releasing the mouse button within the right timeframe. it's magic
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic