Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:03:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRUZH DELTA [shmup]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: RUZH DELTA [shmup]  (Read 751 times)
syawqy
Level 0

zzz

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2015, 11:35:10 PM »

a mini shmup or shooter game

you can play web version on gamejolt

get android & desktop version on itch.io

or install it from playstore

you can adjust player movement speed in options menu

• auto shoot
  • auto upgrade weapon every level
  • there's 4 levels
  • combo scoring mechanism
  • every 5000 points combo will give you bomb
  • bomb clean bullets on the screen and give combo multiplier

link to

« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 12:37:35 PM by syawqy » Logged

Play my shmup ==>
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 08:55:49 AM »

Hey, pixels are decent and the font you chose is nice and playful, but you didn't post here to have me just compliment you.

The sluggish response and small screen size made it hard to dodge the bullets and didn't feel too good to me as a player. It might be possible to dodge with care but for me personally I'm confused why this is different from many other shmups I've played when all your presentation is traditional. One fix is to simply tune up the acceleration on the ship. Another would be a larger playfield. Otherwise I'm not sure why you've made a shmup of the slow and difficult to maneuver flavor. I just feel underpowered compared to the rest of the world in your game. Also, I had to have died what feels like 50 times before I got a game over. Again, an odd choice that is a bit confusing to me, is juggling the large amount of lives until I get a 1up part of the game design or is this simply a tuning thing?

Generally its a good start on a traditional shmup.

Edit: I do like the font on your logo but the spacing between the L and the T in DELTA seems off. Maybe making it a few pixels closer together would make it feel a bit more uniform?

Edit2: IMO looze the z unless the game itself has much more personality. You need to earn your poor spelling in this case IMO.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:02:22 AM by msilver » Logged

harkme
Level 1

Surprise!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 08:00:05 PM »

It's a little basic for my tastes, but I'm not that much of a shmup fan. However, for an exciting name like RUZH DELTA, I expected a faster pace. I don't know if it's basic of the Android platform requirement, but the play area seemed small while the ships seemed too big. Actually, now that I think about it, that explains the slow speed. It's tough to make a game work on mobile and desktop. I'm not much of a mobile gamer, so I can't comment on Android.
Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 08:42:47 PM »

yeah, speed up the ship and the game would feel better

also you should make the player's projectiles always be below the enemy projectiles, because sometimes the enemy projectiles are obscured and you can't see where the danger is

syawqy
Level 0

zzz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 12:36:31 PM »

thanks all, for your feedback!!

It's my mistake for not telling you earlier, but you can adjust your movement in options menu. I make a sliding bar to adjust sensitivity of player movement. I should add that to the description then.

Play my shmup ==>
dca123
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 02:19:07 PM »

It seems like a pretty fun game.

Echoing what the others have said, I'd recommend you make the sensitivity the highest by default. Music added to that makes the game more intense.
Score and Time are a bit hard to see on the dark background, maybe try yellow and white?

I don't play shump that much so I'm not sure of a few things.
  • Bullets do damage to your ship from the front almost always. From the side, once in a while. Is that normal?
  • Your ship can outrun its own bullets if you push up arrow on high sensitivity.
  • How do you activate the bombs?
  • Can you make percentage colour change so 100% = Green >> 10% Red? Can it blink or pulse?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic