Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 07:49:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[Filled]DO NOT CROSS: Looking for a coder
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Filled]DO NOT CROSS: Looking for a coder  (Read 746 times)
ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: February 13, 2015, 04:22:28 AM »

I am looking for a coder to work with me on "DO NOT CROSS"

Here is a link to my devlog:

DO NOT CROSS devlog

I think the devlog covers the basic idea and setup of this game. If you have additional questions, just message me or write a reply in this thread.

The problem is, that I have to handle a normal job and working on the art for this project takes quite some time, because it's rather detailed. I am not very experienced when it comes to code, which means every functional bit takes me too damn long. If I continue this way, there is just not enough progress.

I started to setup the basic prototype in GMS, therefore somebody with GML experience would be a perfect fit. If you are really interested in a cooperation, but only under the circumstance of using another engine, I am also willing to talk. Changing framework is definitely an option if there is a good reason for it ^^.

The goal is develop this game for multiple platforms. (PC + Consoles/Vita)
The screenshots look like a traditional adventure, but I want to depart form the usual point&click formula. Default controls are designed for gamepad to have a better connection to the character and be more flexible with ports of the game.

I am looking for someone who is really interested in the subject matter and is interested to work on a project that has to establish a lot of new mechanics during it's process. I am a freelance artist and working on this in my free time. This means I can't pay salary or something. The only way to monetize this project, is to finish it and share the revenue. A format like this doesn't work as a early access test, it has to be finished to launch it.

I think a game like this has a bunch of advantages when it comes to development. The gameplay is slow paced, so there is no real need for physics/AI/drawing gazillions of sprites etc.

Difficulties:

- Development of a dialog/item-system that is easy to handle. A game like this will have a lot of different items to interact with and will also feature a lot of dialog/item info/etc. I think it's important to have a system in place that makes it easy to manage this kind of information without going crazy ^^
- Develop a good system to display the different locations. Walls/Assets have to switch visibility and the surroundings need to be darkened when you walk from one room to the next.

I hope I could answer most questions. If you are confident that you can handle such a project and have some experience with previous projects, please write me a PM or an email.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 03:44:05 AM by ZeroTec » Logged

ung
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 06:27:53 AM »

Hello, I sent a PM to you.
Siilk
Level 0

Techpriest software enginseer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 02:36:23 AM »

Sent an email and a PM, just to be sure Smiley