Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:33:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSuper Intergalactic Gang (deluxe) - No Brainer - SHMUP
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Super Intergalactic Gang (deluxe) - No Brainer - SHMUP  (Read 1108 times)
martincerdeira
Level 0

1UP!

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2015, 12:07:45 PM »

~EDITED

Hi folks!!! Gomez

Check it out on STEAM!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/429260/

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/D1A9FAC5431176587524609851392_3c9b602875b.1.5.3771278359398687262.mp4?versionId=s7jks2L1PSi61NryPNI5lFdljk0dyULI

I decided to start a post here, to show this (almost done) game to the world and, hopefully, get some playtesting feedback.
NOW I'm polishing things, fixing some bugs and, making a promo/trailer video.

The main idea is to create a super fun no-brainer shoot'em up.
The concept is, 'Just sit, relax, press some buttons and have a good time'

In order to acomplish that, what I'm creating is a game with this features:

- Slow motion ability (Time Distort)
- An extense list of characters (featuring movie/comic/video game/ characters)
- Lots of guns (up to 11 including, machine guns, arrows, homing missiles, rayguns)
- Tons of different enemies
- Cool bosses
- Frantic speed
- The possibility of 1P or 2P co-op
- Randomness (the levels are populated procedurally)
- Powerups. Every time you beat a boss, you can select between 2 powerups (like Nuclear Throne, for example)
- Pixel graphics
- Chiptune music
- Awesomeness? Tongue

The game is going to be published on itch.io, as a free game.
Here are some more pictures to give you an idea of what is all this about. If you want to receive an early version, just send me a message, or e-mail (martincerdeira{at}gmail.com) it would be great!!
Enjoy!!!

More pics:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=46504.0
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 01:46:16 PM by martincerdeira » Logged
andrew.r.lukasik
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 12:27:43 PM »

Awesome trailer Smiley show us moar
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 12:55:09 PM »

Well, I really don't like seeing sprites of different resolutions next to one another in a game...but I imagine that's just part of the style and other than that it looks good.

I'm not sure this is the right forum for short videos and screenshots...unless your playable version is coming very, very soon? I'm interested in trying it.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
martincerdeira
Level 0

1UP!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 03:49:33 PM »

Well, I really don't like seeing sprites of different resolutions next to one another in a game...but I imagine that's just part of the style and other than that it looks good.

I'm not sure this is the right forum for short videos and screenshots...unless your playable version is coming very, very soon? I'm interested in trying it.

Hi!! Ideed, I'm finishing some details and this week, I'm going to upload a (almost)final version.

Yep, the sprites different resolutions are part of the "messy" style (also I get inspiration from Super Time Force) and, it's caused by scaling (zooming) like here:

or,

Thank you for your comments!
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 05:50:47 PM »

Yep, the sprites different resolutions are part of the "messy" style (also I get inspiration from Super Time Force) and, it's caused by scaling (zooming)...

To be clear, I don't mean the scaling of explosions and things. I do generally think of that sort of thing as part of the charm of modern pixel-art games.

What I'm talking about is things like the clouds, HUD elements, some of the text, and the large bullets being a different resolution from almost everything else. Some things are chunky at their default sizes and some things are not, and in my mind they don't go together. I know you talked about having a "messy" style, but it seems like games with messy art styles of this sort don't often do that well. Just something to keep in mind. I still think your designs have a certain amount of interesting character to them, even with the different pixel sizes.

martincerdeira
Level 0

1UP!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 12:26:54 PM »

Here is a download link: http://martincerdeira.itch.io/super-intergalactic-gang
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 03:53:21 PM »

Typo: There seems to be a word missing in the initial story. It says "is the Milky Way" rather than "it is" or "it's"

The Jupitron skin looks awesome.

I planned on playing with the keyboard, but when I started it had my gamepad set as Player 1. I couldn't seem to undo my Player 2 selection or get back to the menu from that screen.

I really don't like how the title screen music starts. In fact, I hate it so much that I almost turned off music and missed out on the good stuff, because that track gets really good later on. I wish the beginning was cut off. The music in-game was good too.

The first "boss" (the big red eyeball squid thing) was far too easy because it couldn't hit me at all. I just destroyed all its bullets.

It would be nice if the enemies moved around more or had a wider variety of movement patterns.

It was unclear how the death ray worked. I made it work once while playing with the gamepad, but I don't know how I did it.

The huge thing that comes from behind always looks like it's going to do damage to me, but I don't think it actually does. I don't really know what the purpose of it is.

I like how I can power up for an explosive attack. I love the selection of weapons (except for the missile, which felt far too slow). Even melee weapons?? That surprised me, and I enjoyed the change in gameplay style.

I think the only actual bug I encountered was that the interface and HUD weren't drawn properly. It was like the GUI thought my screen was around 1380 x 790px, so the menus, lifebar, etc. were drawn in the upper-left part of my screen. Very strange.

I'm still not a fan of the visuals (apart from that Jupitron character which is great) but I found the game pretty fun for the most part. Apart from my death-ray issue, the game played well with both keyboard and gamepad.

martincerdeira
Level 0

1UP!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 04:40:03 PM »

Typo: There seems to be a word missing in the initial story. It says "is the Milky Way" rather than "it is" or "it's"

The Jupitron skin looks awesome.

I planned on playing with the keyboard, but when I started it had my gamepad set as Player 1. I couldn't seem to undo my Player 2 selection or get back to the menu from that screen.

I really don't like how the title screen music starts. In fact, I hate it so much that I almost turned off music and missed out on the good stuff, because that track gets really good later on. I wish the beginning was cut off. The music in-game was good too.

The first "boss" (the big red eyeball squid thing) was far too easy because it couldn't hit me at all. I just destroyed all its bullets.

It would be nice if the enemies moved around more or had a wider variety of movement patterns.

It was unclear how the death ray worked. I made it work once while playing with the gamepad, but I don't know how I did it.

The huge thing that comes from behind always looks like it's going to do damage to me, but I don't think it actually does. I don't really know what the purpose of it is.

I like how I can power up for an explosive attack. I love the selection of weapons (except for the missile, which felt far too slow). Even melee weapons?? That surprised me, and I enjoyed the change in gameplay style.

I think the only actual bug I encountered was that the interface and HUD weren't drawn properly. It was like the GUI thought my screen was around 1380 x 790px, so the menus, lifebar, etc. were drawn in the upper-left part of my screen. Very strange.

I'm still not a fan of the visuals (apart from that Jupitron character which is great) but I found the game pretty fun for the most part. Apart from my death-ray issue, the game played well with both keyboard and gamepad.

Thank you for your time, for playing and for the feedback.
I'm going to reply some parts:

Typo: Ups! I'm not a native english speaker so, that happens... Smiley Thanks!

Difficulty curve: The first levels are easy, enemies, bosses, etc. Then it gets harder, more movement patterns bosses get more complicated, with different attacks.

The GUI bug: Thats weird, I would like to test this, which size is your screen?

The thing that comes from behind: The idea was to put some enemies in the back (hardly visible and black) and some others on the front, like they are flying really close to the camera... May be it is not obvious enough.

The good parts: I'm glad that you at least enjoyed some parts of the game, and I'll work to improve the bad parts.

Thanks a lot!!!
martincerdeira
Level 0

1UP!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 01:44:22 PM »

So! It's been a while since my original post and I have great news... SIG it's going to be available on steam this Friday 15th!

Check it out!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/429260/
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic