Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 01:43:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesKanye's Game
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Kanye's Game  (Read 2164 times)
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« on: February 24, 2015, 07:26:25 AM »

http://time.com/3718645/kanye-west-video-game/

http://kotaku.com/kanyes-making-a-video-game-about-his-moms-journey-throu-1687300204

http://gizmodo.com/help-kanye-wests-mom-get-to-heaven-in-yeezys-video-game-1687454574

http://www.christianpost.com/news/kanye-west-announces-his-own-video-game-based-on-only-one-134542/

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/22/8082851/kanye-west-video-game-only-one

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kanye-west-is-making-a-game/1100-6425446/

http://www.geek.com/games/kanye-west-is-developing-his-own-video-game-1616435/

hell yeah

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 07:52:15 AM »

yeah i'm down as hell

jiitype
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 08:23:05 AM »

This better be the greatest game ever
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 08:26:04 AM »

I say latest game project because Mr. West is no stranger to the rigors of game design. In 2009, discussing the origins of his first beats, he described a game he'd been working on at the age of twelve that was like Mario Bros. only with more penises and vaginas.

i always knew kanye was a closet nerd B)
alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 08:31:34 AM »

hey mama
i know i act a foooool  Gomez

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 06:57:26 PM »

If he gets a good studio behind this and executes his vision with the same dedication as his albums, I could see this being incredibly solid.  Always been a big fan of Ye, if not for his personality, certainly for his artistry.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 07:21:48 PM »

i think hes unfairly hated for being a narcissist when literally every single person in the pop biz is a narcissist and kanye just doesn't give a fuck about hiding it.
Canned Turkey
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 07:30:07 PM »

I don't like him or his music.
quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 09:36:09 PM »

i like kanye, he's easy to hate for being an annoying celebrity but he's open about it.
it's pretty clear that he is overplaying his persona for music reasons but most people aren't willing to look past this facade and actually give him a chance. which i guess is sort of his point or something.

this game idea also sounds interesting
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 02:18:16 AM »

i think hes unfairly hated for being a narcissist when literally every single person in the pop biz is a narcissist and kanye just doesn't give a fuck about hiding it.

this is what ive never understood about the publics perception of him. its extremely rare to find a popular artist who is as laser-focused on progressing actual "art" as he has proven to be. he's the 2010s version of Dali or Warhol, but it seems like its hard for (and forgive me for taking the thread in this direction) a lot of white culture to accept that their script of "art is an amusingly eccentric white dude doing _________ with a certain set of values" is irrelevant at this point.

Like look at the comments sections of these pages. So much hate and ignorance. Now imagine instead what the reaction would be if it was indie darling Jeff Mangum or even some fay pop goon like Ed Sheeran doing a tribute to their mother in videogames. C'mon! The comments would be filled with tears, with how beautiful the idea is, or at worst that its a weird artsy idea. But here so much of what you see is posts like this: "No matter what the intentions of the game are, I just can't support anything from this sanctimonious, narcissistic jerk. It'll probably be some mobile free to play garbage anyways." (Except for on the Verge, oddly enough)

Anyway, im excited for this because its exactly what the medium needs to move forward: people who dont care about videogame culture, but have something strong they want to say with it and the means to make it happen without compromising. Whether its any good or not is almost irrelevant, because the fact that someone saw videogames as a means to tell a story about accompanying their mother into heaven almost certainly answers the question of "are videogames art".
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 02:41:01 AM by jamesprimate » Logged

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 06:41:40 AM »

yeah basically mainstream culture just can't stand that damn urban ghetto gangster kanye playin his devil's music and making the kids do sexual drugs

his music isn't even music, it's NOISE

it's grating noise without singing. i can't even understand what he says. and when i can, it's swearing! it's unnecessary and disappointing that modern culture loves this hooligan

now that johnny cash was a huckster in my day

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 07:28:08 AM »

his music is bad tho

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 07:54:46 AM »

nah bud

also he is partially responsible for this:

Also this song is great and the video is also amazing:

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 08:34:13 AM »

his music is bad tho

nah

shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 08:49:37 AM »

yeah, those are both bad, and his music is bad.

olücæbelel
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 08:52:14 AM »

also how does not trying to hide that he's a jerk make his jerkiness more defensible

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 09:17:28 AM »

also how does not trying to hide that he's a jerk make his jerkiness more defensible

i didnt say it makes it defensible. just that hes unfairly singled out for it.
Canned Turkey
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 10:43:37 AM »

To expand:

1. I don't like his music. Not because of him or who he is, but because I've never been interested in rap.
2. I don't like him. I think no matter how overblown it may be, I don't like it when people think so highly of themselves.

Yeah his jerkiness is exaggerated, but if he wasn't a jerk there would be little that the media could exaggerate.

If he makes a game and it's good i'll like his game though.
[bk]door.maus
Level 0

Remember what the dormouse said: feed your head.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 11:16:26 AM »

I don't know anything but I'd like to say that John Skelton (Tudor era John Skelton, there's some random weirdo with the same name who is more popular for some reason) was a visionary of greater heights (and maybe renown for his time) in a period where writing rude poetry was a terrible idea...

In my humble unknowing unbiased perfectly valid opinion, Kanye is like a bobble-head Skelton, if that.

Again, I don't know anything. I just thought I'd leave this here.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 11:38:34 AM »

1. I don't like his music. Not because of him or who he is, but because I've never been interested in rap.
2. I don't like him. I think no matter how overblown it may be, I don't like it when people think so highly of themselves.

i'm not a big rap guy and i dont listen to kanye much, so i cant say anything in-depth, but he's good at picking the best producers to realize his "vision" or watever u wanna call it. this is not as a backhanded compliment, being a good "musical director"/"idea guy" (in the positive sense) is a rare skill.

i think the reason why some ppl are hype for this is because they think his talent at picking the right producers for the job will translate to game development.

also also also imo pop culture would be boring as hell if everyone was humble and polite, but ok.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic