Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:25:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralExhibit your game for FREE at Toronto's "Comics vs. Games" May 9 - 10
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Exhibit your game for FREE at Toronto's "Comics vs. Games" May 9 - 10  (Read 524 times)
bigpants
Level 1

hi there, i'm happy mister bigpants

View Profile WWW
« on: February 24, 2015, 05:24:00 PM »

Exhibit your game for FREE at Toronto's "Comics vs. Games" May 9 - 10
Click To Apply

I personally know the people involved and can vouch for their integrity and sincerity.
There are no strings attached, everything is driven by the love for things people create.
I'm copying the FAQ details here, because dammit... IT'S CONVENIENT.

F.A.Q.

When and Where is TCAF?
The Toronto Comic Arts Festival 2015 (now in its 13th year) will take place Saturday, May 9th, 9am-5pm, and Sunday May 10th, 11am-5pm, at Toronto Reference Library, 789 Yonge Street. The greatest indie comic makers working today travel to TCAF to meet their audience, sell their latest comics, and give presentations (you won't find Marvel and DC here  Smiley).

"Comics vs. Games" is an initiative TCAF started 4 years ago that places indie game developers in an area right next to the comic makers. The mindset of indie game developers and indie comic makers is very similar, and the audience greatly overlaps so it's a perfect fit. It's also a great opportunity to expose your game to an atypical audience.

Note1: TCAF will be PACKED.
Note2: You will find amazing comics you didn't know existed.

Do I need to live in Toronto take part?
Nope. International guests are welcome as long as you're able to travel to Toronto for TCAF and staff your table over the two days. TCAF's FAQ has some good travel information for out of town visitors: http://torontocomics.com/about-tcaf/

How much will my table cost?
Since this is a new space at the library we’re offering tables for free this year while we work out any kinks.

Can I sell merchandise for my game?
Yep! However first and foremost this is a games showcase so you need to have your game set up for people to play.

My game has nothing to do with comics can I still apply?
Yep! While we will give preference to games with some connection to the world of comics, all games are welcome to apply!

Do I need to provide my own computer?
Yes you should bring everything  you need to showcase your game. However you can request a table with a monitor if you’d like (see the form).  A small number of loaner setups will also be available, check the box above if you’re interested.

Will there be internet on site?
Sort of. While the library technically has free wi-fi it’s low grade at the best of times and utterly useless during TCAF. If your game requires internet access (or good cellphone reception) we don’t recommend trying to showcase it.

I don’t have a game but my comic is super relevant to games, can I exhibit at Comics vs Games?
Unless it’s some form of interactive comic (like Meanwhile or Framed) probably not. Send us an email if you want to be put on a list and we’ll let you know if extra space becomes available.

I only want to showcase for one of the days, can I do that?
Probably not.  Priority will be given to exhibitors showing both days but you can send us an email with your preferred day if you want to be put on a list.

Question not on the list? Email [email protected]

Twitter   B-Game   Demake  
one of us wears pants
~Tidal
Level 1

I live in Hell, with lava and stuff.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 02:36:20 AM »

I'll be there  Hand Joystick
(no I'm joking I live in the other side of the world)

Legit like pasta al pesto in a Chinese restaurant
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic