Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:27:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWanderer - Lo-fi Sci-fi Adventure RPG
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Wanderer - Lo-fi Sci-fi Adventure RPG  (Read 67299 times)
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2015, 02:36:26 PM »

When is the Kickstarter supposed to happen?

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
KaiserCVR
Level 0

Amateur Artist/Professional Drinker

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2015, 10:22:35 PM »

Thanks guys! Big apologies for the lack of updates in a while, we've been working ridiculously hard to prepare for the Kickstarter, which we're aiming to launch next month if everything goes as planned. We were super lucky to have had the opportunity to present the game on the Collective, it made for a great campaign 'test run' and it's encouraging that there looks to be a few people out there that are into the niche gameplay mechanics.  Smiley

Also really excited by the progress we've made on the alpha thus far, Fenrir did an amazing job converting my mockups into a playable experience! The sequence we have is real rough around the edges in terms of polish, but it serves as an effective proof-of-concept for the fundamental mechanics and our asset implementation pipeline. I can't wait to get back to actually working on the game rather than all the presentational stuff I've had my hands full with for a while. But in the meantime, I'm definitely enjoying putting together the first trailer and I can't wait to be able to show it! Here's a sneak peek at some new WIP visuals:

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2015, 04:47:41 AM »

Looks gorgeous. Looking forward to the trailer and eventual KS launch...

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2015, 04:01:46 AM »

Guys, huge strides over the last few months! The Collective page looks super polished (first time I ever heard of it!), and I think the choice to do an episodic release is a great one.

Can I just say I am really looking forward to this game? The artistic choice is wonderful along with the character designs. This (along with that other game Somerville) is the reason I ended up joining Tigsource.

Glad to find out it's episodic too. Just means more to look forward to. I already consider myself a fan, silly as that may sound.

Looking forward to your kickstarter! I'll be sure to back it! Smiley   

Thanks a lot guys for such comments, I must admit that the episodic structure scares me quite a bit about the campaign, I hope it will be well received...

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: September 19, 2015, 06:34:11 AM »

Our first teaser guys:

We're almost there, hehe... And I think you'll like the full trailer!

Lugen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2015, 06:58:21 AM »

Hm, the video gives me a bit of a horror vibe, or something along that line. Will the game have darker moments as well?
KaiserCVR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2015, 08:07:10 AM »

Hm, the video gives me a bit of a horror vibe, or something along that line. Will the game have darker moments as well?

Yes, it will! Though we're not shooting for a straight horror vibe, there are some subtle conceptual influences from the cosmic horror genre in the mix. But yeah, despite the colorful cast of characters and the fairly lighthearted dialogue, Wanderer will be a pretty dark game in terms of themes, so you'll see plenty of darker sequences throughout the story.

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2015, 01:38:44 AM »

Really liking the art style and the mood your presenting in each scene!

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2015, 06:14:23 AM »

Thanks a lot!

As I'm here I'll make a quick update on the KS, I heard everywhere that it was an emotional rollercoster, I was just not expecting that it would start so soon before the campaign. Some days you woke up with the feeling that there's no chance you'll succeed (after sending tons of emails for instance and getting no answer), the other day is the total opposite and you feel there's no chance to fail (after seeing some progress on the video for instance), all the possible scenarios go through your head with no certitude... But I'm staying mostly confident anyway despite some recent bad news (I'll probably talk about it on a post-mortem later), the work that Cris is putting on the trailer is just amazing (I even suspect that he didn't slept at all for 3 months now), and I really think that it will make the difference.

On the good news, we now officially have a composer on board, it happened just in time for the campaign and we're really happy about it! With some luck he'll be able to compose something for us before it ends.

So the plan is still to launch in September, hehe, there's not a lot of days left so expect some news very soon! Smiley

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2015, 06:20:45 AM »

Every SE Collective game I've seen on KS has done really well, and the connection with the Collective really helped them with exposure. I've seen comments elsewhere that seeing a Collective-supported Kickstarter is like a badge of quality. That'll definitely work in your favor IMO

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2015, 06:34:52 AM »

I somehow missed that teaser video... Looks amazing. Really excited for the trailer now. Love the darker themes, didn't realize that was a part of the game style so I'm even more excited now.

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but you haven't gotten to the real stress yet. Just wait till you actually launch the campaign. When the backers are coming in you will definitely be like "we got this!" and when it's quiet and in a lull you will be very confident that it was the biggest mistake you've ever made to launch a KS and fail publicly... Just take the roller coaster emotions one day at a time. Once you hit the funding goal, a KS becomes fun and ALL the stress melts away...

Good news is that I don't think you will fail. Frankly, I think this is going to do really well. Day 1 backer here and I'm sure I'm not the only one...

Sunburned Games
Level 1

We are working on The Great Whale Road.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: September 24, 2015, 06:36:18 AM »

I like the atmosphere. The teaser trailer doesn't rock my world, but heh personal tastes differ and trailers are hard.

I haven't played 'Gods will be watching' yet (embarrassing as we are based in the same city as them), but I always found the style attractive. Wanderer reminds me of that style. One day I will play both the 'Wanderer' and 'Gods will be watching'. I need more time! Tired

Will keep an eye out for your KS!

Best.
Joachim @ Sunburned Games
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 12:02:12 AM by Sunburned Games » Logged

Sunburned Games
Level 1

We are working on The Great Whale Road.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: September 24, 2015, 06:38:24 AM »

I somehow missed that teaser video... Looks amazing. Really excited for the trailer now. Love the darker themes, didn't realize that was a part of the game style so I'm even more excited now.

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but you haven't gotten to the real stress yet. Just wait till you actually launch the campaign. When the backers are coming in you will definitely be like "we got this!" and when it's quiet and in a lull you will be very confident that it was the biggest mistake you've ever made to launch a KS and fail publicly... Just take the roller coaster emotions one day at a time. Once you hit the funding goal, a KS becomes fun and ALL the stress melts away...

Good news is that I don't think you will fail. Frankly, I think this is going to do really well. Day 1 backer here and I'm sure I'm not the only one...

Are you being your happy go lucky self again? Smiley

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2015, 06:51:35 AM »

Every SE Collective game I've seen on KS has done really well, and the connection with the Collective really helped them with exposure. I've seen comments elsewhere that seeing a Collective-supported Kickstarter is like a badge of quality. That'll definitely work in your favor IMO

Hehe the bad news I was talking about is maybe related to this point... Smiley To be honest we won't launch with Collective finally, to do so it would required to wait till next year, so we prefered to stick to our initial plan and launch without them.

Thanks a lot! And yep, the real stress is yet to come, erf... Smiley

KaiserCVR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2015, 07:48:28 AM »

Thanks man! Smiley

One of the things I'm loving about working with the 'cinematic platformer' style is the screen by screen layout. Since the framing is locked it lets me treat each screen like I would a stand-alone painting, which means I can really approach each one with a very specific mood and composition in mind.

And thanks for the kind words all! As Serge mentioned, sleep is just a pleasant memory at this point, so pardon any inevitable lapses in lucidity, hehe. But after a very long couple months the Kickstarter is finally just around the corner, and I'm spending every waking moment polishing up the presentation until we launch. I'm really happy with the way things have come so far, and it's incredibly satisfying to see the pitch I made not so long ago coming to life in the way I envisioned it. I know the KS campaign is going to be stressful as all hell, but the fact that we've even made it this far feels pretty great in and of itself, so ultimately if we do get our asses kicked I don't think I'll be shattered too much.  Shrug

Anyway, here's a few new visuals that may or not make it in the final cut of the trailer. Really excited to share it when it's ready!  Grin

Cheers!  Beer!

Music Vortex
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2015, 08:00:15 AM »

This looks fantastic, beautiful visuals.
I'll be tracking your progress, good luck!  Beer!

Jose Mora-Jimenez - Composer
Website | Soundcloud|
Twitter
3Beards
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: October 02, 2015, 11:46:38 PM »

Wow this looks incredible. Great visually. The combo of pixel art characters and much more polished backgrounds is a bit odd at first, but i think it makes for a cool dynamic. nice interactivity coming along. Very keen to play!

Check out our full devlog at
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2015, 11:27:24 PM »

Wow this looks incredible. Great visually. The combo of pixel art characters and much more polished backgrounds is a bit odd at first, but i think it makes for a cool dynamic. nice interactivity coming along. Very keen to play!

Thanks man!

So we've missed our September target but now it's official, we're launching the campaign next Monday (October 12th):

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2015, 05:04:13 AM »

Congrats! Looking forward to the launch...

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2015, 06:25:30 AM »

Congrats! Looking forward to the launch...

Thanks man, good luck for your launch too! Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic