Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 22, 2024, 10:29:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSportball Manager: New sports management sim on KS, GL
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sportball Manager: New sports management sim on KS, GL  (Read 606 times)
halfalux
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2015, 11:38:36 AM »

Hi all! My brother and I just launched our first kickstarter and greenlight. We've been making a game called Sportball Manager, which is a sports management sim based on a completely made up sport.

We think it has a lot of appealing elements for all kinds of gamers, not just sports lovers. Part of the reason we used a fake sport is so we could introduce a lot of RPG/strategy elements into the game without breaking expectations for what a baseball/soccer/basketball game should be.

The basic idea is that you take a team at the bottom of the barrel and try to lead them to a championship. Your players will level as they gain XP from playing, and your franchise earns culture from winning games. As your players and franchise level, they'll be able to select new skills/abilities.

You'll have to make strategic choices while you play, as well -- choosing your franchise mode for the upcoming season (whether you want to go for a championship, or need to rebuild), which affects how your franchise skills are distributed. And we did some cool stuff (I think) with the amateur "draft" where you'll actually be exploring the world, moving scouts from city to city to find new talent.

Here's a quick shot of what the simulation will look like while you're playing games, to give you an idea:

Let me know what you guys think! There's also a lot more info on KS, and I don't want to write a full dissertation. Smiley

Happy to answer questions here, or you can get in touch at any of these places:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/paraluxgames
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Paralux
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paralux/sportball-manager
Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=395611071

CubicornGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 01:31:30 PM »

Hey there halfalux, I'm pretty sure we met at least one of you guys very briefly at Indiecade East during Show and Tells.

Sportball Manager is looking super slick, you really went the extra mile on UI design.

I just donated on Kickstarter. It's not much, but we are also learning firsthand just how much even a single small donation can help along the way. Good luck with everything, can't wait to see the game when it's done.

halfalux
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 01:40:22 PM »

We did indeed! I was actually waiting for you to post info about your game here so I could comment on it. Smiley

Thanks a bunch for the donation! I gave you guys an upvote on GL earlier today, and I'll hit you up on KS as well. Need to make a personal account there.

For anybody else reading this: if you like platformers, I would check out Super Cucumber. I'm not a huge fan of platformers, but I tried it at Indiecade East and actually had a lot of fun playing. So if you're a fan of the genre, definitely check it out, you might find something you like! Smiley

CubicornGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 01:49:13 PM »

Yeah, among doing a million other things, I'm getting a post ready to put up here for our games as well.

I couldn't bring myself to do it without at least directly supporting at least one other dev first though, and seeing your game here presented the perfect opportunity.

We'll keep an eye out on your project, and I'll keep my fingers perpetually crossed that you make it to your goal!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic