Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:27:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallAdopted: First-Person Exploration Through the Eyes of a Dog
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Adopted: First-Person Exploration Through the Eyes of a Dog  (Read 462 times)
Megan
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2015, 01:19:28 PM »

I'm working on a game called Adopted, which is a first-person, single-player exploration game where you play as Luchador, a recently rescued Boston Terrier who must navigate the relationships and problems of his three human owners - Marisa, Wyatt, and Laurel - on the day before Marisa and Wyatt's wedding when all hell seems to be breaking loose. You can sniff to discover your owners' secrets, then bark, chew, and fetch to manipulate them and the environment and get them to make the choices you want. The human AI will respond to your actions in believable manners, and through their responses the actions you take will have an impact on the story. We're using the GOAP architecture for our AI and the delayed branching technique to allow the player to influence the story. Oh, and we're also gonna have Oculus VR support! Smiley

If that sounds interesting, Adopted is now on Kickstarter, and we could use your help! We've hit 9% funded in the first 24 hours and we're trying to keep the momentum going. You can back us here and vote for us on Steam Greenlight here.

Thanks for reading!
Dank3yKang
Level 0

I make games n shiet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 01:30:49 PM »

Is it weird that I've always wanted a game like this? Because I always thought this would be a dope concept for a game. Kudos for doing it, I love the aesthetic. Look forward to playing it Hand Thumbs Up Right

Megan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 03:13:35 PM »

Thanks! And I don't think that's weird at all, but I thought it was a good enough concept to start working on it, so I guess I'm biased. Tongue
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic