Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:09:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsAny devs in the Midwestern US (Michigan/Ohio/Illinois)?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Any devs in the Midwestern US (Michigan/Ohio/Illinois)?  (Read 1280 times)
CubicornGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 25, 2015, 01:42:44 PM »

Just thought I'd see if there were any other Midwestern devs looking to meet up with indies in the general vicinity.

We're based in Metro Detroit, but I wouldn't be opposed to an extended car ride every once in a while to meet some new people working on games.

We're planning on organizing some meetups in Metro Detroit to test the waters on interest, which will likely start sometime in April. I would expect these events to be super tiny and local in the beginning, but if things go well, who knows where we could go from here.

I'll post an update here once we have any details, so in the meantime if you're also in the Midwest, post here and make your presence known!   

Megan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 03:11:24 PM »

If you're on Facebook, there's a Midwest Game Developers facebook group that posts about meetups in Madison sometimes: https://www.facebook.com/groups/midwestgamedevs/

Apologies if that was already on your radar. Smiley
CubicornGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 04:34:32 PM »

It wasn't, and I'm checking it out now!

I'm not sure how often we'd be able to make it to Wisconsin, but its not an impossible trip for us.

We'll also do our best to make it to the Midwest Developer Meetup at GDC. We'd love to meet some new people there if nothing else.

In any case, I'll keep an eye on that group, so thanks for the heads up.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 07:50:14 AM »

chicago here

can't really go further than chicago, however

CubicornGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 09:46:58 AM »

That's cool, no worries man. If you know of an regular indie meetups in the Chicago area, be sure to post them here.

We would probably try to come out every couple of months, especially if its something big. It's like a 4 hour roadtrip/5 hour train ride there, so not the shortest, but certainly not impossible.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic