Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:25:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSuper Cucumber & Down the Drain: Kickstartng 2 games from one tiny studio
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Super Cucumber & Down the Drain: Kickstartng 2 games from one tiny studio  (Read 780 times)
CubicornGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 25, 2015, 04:26:36 PM »

Hey there everyone, we are Cubicorn Games, and we are currently Kickstarting the 2 games we have in development!

is a mobility focused 2D platformer spawned from our love of classic 16-bit era games. It has some more modern mechanics like checkpoints and quick re-spawns on death, and eschews old genre conventions like lives and meaningless collectibles. We hope to provide players with an experience that feels instantly familiar, and fresh and new as well.

is a smaller more laid back game. It's a pseudo-randomly generated, exploration-based 2D shooter. It follows the adorable snake plumber Marta as she uses her masterful abilities to navigate and clear mazes of blocked pipes.  

Super Cucumber Screenshots:

Down the Drain Screenshots:

Please Check Out Our Kickstarter Campaign!

Even More Things!

Here is some Longform Gameplay (provided by the Swordfish Plays YouTube channel)
Super Cucumber Quick Look
Down the Drain Quick Look

Try Them Yourself
Finally, you can try the games for yourself by downloading builds below:
[Both builds are for PC, and require an Xbox 360 controller to play]
Super Cucumber Download (IndieDB)
Down the Drain Download (IndieDB)

Whew, that's a whole lot of stuff. If you have any comments or questions about the games, please post them here, or hit us up on Facebook or Twitter. We're obviously doing everything we can to get the word out, so please share our project if you like what you see.

Thanks again for taking the time to check out our games, and don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Any comments or questions would be greatly appreciated, and will be answered as fast as we can manage.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 05:48:37 PM by CubicornGames » Logged

halfalux
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 07:42:11 AM »

Mentioned this in the other thread, but I did have a chance to play Super Cucumber at Indiecade East. Personally I don't play a lot of platformers, but I really enjoyed it. If you're a fan of the genre, I would definitely recommend checking it out. Can't hurt to at least look Grin

I also watched somebody else play Down the Drain, and it look interesting as well.

Good luck guys!

CubicornGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 09:43:47 AM »

Thanks man. At Indiecade we actually had multiple people tell us they really liked Super Cucumber even thought they didn't like platformers in general. We've also gotten pretty consistent positive feedback from people who do like them, so I guess we must be doing something right.

CubicornGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 01:52:44 PM »

We've got about a week left to go in our Kickstarter campaign, and our latest update is about putting together demo setups to showcase indie games.

Check it out, and feel free to ask any questions here, or share your own demo tips as well.
See our Kickstarter post here!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic