Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 01:18:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWarfront Defenders
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Warfront Defenders  (Read 2736 times)
flyingrobot
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2015, 05:38:11 AM »

What is Warfront Defenders?
It's a series of Tactical Defence Mini Games played on dioramas based on WW2.

Game Website
www.warfrontdefenders.com

Developer Website
www.flyingrobotstudios.com

What is a Tactical Defence genre?
Well, it lies somewhat between Tower Defense and Real Time Strategy games.

Description of the game
This game is a series of mini games. Each mini game is to be played on small battle dioramas related to WW2. Its a single player game. The Player will always play the defensive side. And the AI will be the invaders. The Player can choose his playing time. All he has to do is to hold back the enemy during that time from reaching his command centre. The Player can place, move around and command his troops in the diorama. Gather enemy kill points to unlock achievements and inventories.

Target Platform?
PC, Mac, Ipad and Android Tablets.

What stage is it now?
Its now slowly moving towards a alpha release of the first level. Trying to find the platform to test the potential of this game from the feedback of the players.

Screens

Playtest
http://www.warfrontdefenders.com/Webplayer/Playtest.html

The first playable is now live. It consists of only the training section of the game. But the gameplay should be well explained there. Please play and let me know your feedback. There's a small feedback form below the player. Would really appreciate if you take 2 mins to fill that. Or you can reply here in details.

Thanks and waiting for your feedback.
KM-Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 06:29:18 AM »

Graphics looks great!

But from the Training alone i can not really say much more about the game...
flyingrobot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 07:08:41 AM »

Thanks for playing.

The mission level is coming up in the next build. Real soon.
andrew.r.lukasik
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 02:26:29 PM »

Hi! I find it difficult to believe you're not a Pole :D this game looks incredibly Polish Beer!
flyingrobot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 05:32:31 AM »

Hi! I find it difficult to believe you're not a Pole :D this game looks incredibly Polish Beer!

Not Polish, enough. Made a mistake in the country emblem. Changing it right away.
andrew.r.lukasik
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 06:59:46 AM »

I posted link about your game on polish equivalent of reddit yesterday... and today it's on front page. I hope you won't be mad at me for galvanizing such passionate attention there, sir.
flyingrobot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 08:29:28 AM »

Mad? What are you saying. I should be thanking you wholeheartedly for letting people know about the project.

Stay tuned. More gameplay coming soon.
flyingrobot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 05:22:11 AM »

This is the very playable Alpha with the complete game loop. After this I go into balancing the game, adding unlockable inventories, new enemies and weapons. But essentially, the game will remain at this basic loop.

Warfront Defenders is meant to be released as mini games. One diorama like map for every game. But, it's a challenge to make every mini game fulfilling. I hope this very first map would give that sense. At least I'm looking forward to that.

Really depending upon your feedback guys. The playtest link has a small feedback form with it. I'd really appreciate if you take 2 mins to fill it. This is absolutely critical to the development of this game.

Play the Game in the Browser over here

A gameplay video of the Alpha 2.0.

Features Implemented till now :

1. Deployable soldiers which can move around the map from position to position.
2. Rifle and LMG soldiers till now.
3. Enemy has Rifle, LMG, Sniper Weapons
4. Unlockable Health drop inventory
5. Unlockable Barricades inventory
6. Unlockable Ammo Drop inventory
flyingrobot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 10:57:46 PM »

Hi guys,

I've worked on a whole lot of things I got from your feedback. The end result is Alpha2.1 (many features are still not there yet)

Play Link

You can get the whole change list here
https://trello.com/b/QypUoB6r/warfront-defenders

Importantly, I've changed the control schema a bit, you can now use left mouse drag, and arrow keys for navigation. Should go nicely with players on Mac. And this version is in Unity5.

Some things are still TBD. Working on it and next build will also have new features. I gave the first pass of game balancing. Looking forward to hear your feedback.
Boder
Level 0

Player One

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 10:04:40 AM »

Don't have mouse scroll wheel (laptop). Can't get past training.  Cry

Nice graphics, though. I enjoyed the gameplay video.
flyingrobot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 09:11:02 PM »

My bad. Will post an update asap with a way to bypass this using keyboard.
flyingrobot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 08:32:13 PM »

You can now do the tutorial without mouse scroll.

I'm taking some points from other feedbacks. May be I'll get rid of the intro and training altogether and merge them to the game as tips and tooltips.
flyingrobot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2015, 05:38:15 AM »

#warfrontdefenders Alpha 3 live now.

Play
http://bit.ly/1QXOLm4

and gimme feedback guys!
flyingrobot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 10:10:36 PM »

Hi guys,

Here's the next Alpha. With some major changes.

Link :  bit.ly/1ENTIo1

I'm trying the old and tested mechanic of Level Progression rather than playing by minutes. Making the progression day by day.  My main concern right now is increasing the user engagement.

Apart from this, I've worked on a long list of suggestions (https://trello.com/b/QypUoB6r/warfront-defenders).

Let me know if this is looking better.
flyingrobot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2015, 07:03:27 AM »

Posting after a while. Reworked on several aspect of the game from scratch. The soldiers and inventory is now managed in a more simpler way. In this version there are four levels, in different setups.

Please play and let me know how the progression is looking like.

Game Webplayer
http://bit.ly/1ENTIo1

Screenshots
paulisere
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 10:46:29 PM »

Cool.

I love tower defence strategy games.  I enjoyed playing this.  Graphics were great and the gameplay was pretty cool.  There were a few things that I didn't quite understand. 

It seemed like some of the soldiers that I had placed had different types of gun.  Some had rifles and some had normal guns.  I couldn't tell the difference when placing them.

Also, after a soldier has run out of ammo, how do I replenish it?  I tried dragging the machine gun icon onto the character but it didn't do anything.

I loved the way that I was able to top up the health of the soldiers.  If only I could do that in Orcs Must Die!. :-)

Paul

CarbonHack
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 02:57:50 PM »

Interesting stuff. Very attractive diorama look!
I played through all levels, left feedback on form you provided. Toast Right

koutetsusteel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 07:39:07 PM »

Hey there! I took it upon myself to make a video of the gameplay.

The game seems interesting so far, but there are some things that I highlight in the video that I believe can be changed.  The main one is the bombing/artillery mechanic.  Why are the enemies perfectly fine and can walk nonchalantly without getting hurt? Tongue

Here's the link to the video:

flyingrobot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2015, 08:42:06 PM »

@koutetsusteel

Thanks for the awesome playthrough man. It was fun to watch. And you have some very valid points. Bombs are too much partial to the enemies. But you have the barricades to fortify before the airstrike. I guess the airstrike was too quick and there's not enough time to take cover and fortify. I'm already working on this and watch out for the next update.

@CarbonHack

Thanks for playing and the feedback man. I'm Polishing the UX and interactions. Will be visible in the next update.

@paulisere

Thanks for playing and spotting those early bugs. Soldiers needs more info on hud.
koutetsusteel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2015, 04:34:03 PM »

I decided to try the barricade idea... but it seems like my soldiers are dumb and can't shoot through barbed wire Wink

Here's the video!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic