Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411480 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 10:08:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallBezier PC Story Driven Twin Stick Shooter - Greenlight Advice.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bezier PC Story Driven Twin Stick Shooter - Greenlight Advice.  (Read 2808 times)
Philip Bak
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 27, 2015, 03:57:43 PM »

Hello,

Bezier on Steam Greenlight - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=386868501

Back story: Son of a games programmer. Basic-1981. 6502-1984. 68000-1989. After University worked for SCEE, Gremlin, Deep Red & Argonaut before leaving industry in 2005. In 2008 I started my first game...

Bezier is a sci-fi dual stick blaster. The engine I wrote renders everything as curves formed by particles, so it has got a pretty crazy look. I've spent eight years making it. I'm quite proud of it, but I quickly found I made a terrible error. During development I never really told anyone about it. I also put Bezier on Greenlight and didn't polish the page for a few days, not realising the approaching traffic cliff. Now I'm struggling getting visitors to the page. I know Steam isn't everything, but it does feel like the major game in town. I am selling Bezier on my official page, itch.io and Desura. When I do get coverage I'm quite happy with what is written. Eurogamer this week and Indie Games last week. And the response from players, particularly fans of the genre has been great. It is just a struggle getting the word out. It now feels like I'm floundering around emailing everyone and pushing water uphill.

Of course, I see lots of lessons to learn and the next game will be completely different. But I'm not ready to give up on this one yet. I feel I owe it to my family. So, what are the best ways you have found to get traffic to your site? Greenlight in particular.

Thanks so much for reading and thanks in advance for any advice.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic