Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411497 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:48:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs#GIFingAround
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: #GIFingAround  (Read 1010 times)
KingSlizzard
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: February 28, 2015, 08:42:50 PM »

Hey guys! Been a while. Since GDC is coming up I think its time I start showing off my project. So here it is...

#GIFingAround

#GIFingAround is a cross platform party game using all your favorite GIFs on the internet in a battle for sweet, sweet Karma Points! Collect and utilize all your GIFs for the lolz while applying your winnings to troll your friends!

The game is for Windows, OSX, Linux, iOS, and Android.

Gameplay

Every turn a player acts as the Original Poster (OP) by submitting a reaction inducing Post.

Other players then attempt to match that Post with a random GIF they have been dealt.

The OP then selects their favorite GIF, awarding it's owner of it 3 Karma Points!

The game then repeats round robin adding in variations of internet humor to the mix creating the opportunity for some mash-ups even I can't really predict.

Some features include..
  • Cross platform multiplayer on desktop, tablet, and mobile.
  • Cloud synchronization.
  • Custom Gif and Post saving.
  • In-game web browsing! (mobile and tablet only).
  • Real-time gameplay.
  • And much more I'm not ready to show yet

Feel free to join the beta list here! gifingaround.com/beta.html

Check out our site and sign up for our newseltter at GIFingAround.com
#GIFingAround is on Facebook at facebook.com/gifingaround
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:12:05 AM by King Slizzard » Logged

KingSlizzard
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 02:13:20 AM »

Hey guys, I added some gifs of the tablet / desktop versions of the game. The backgrounds have changed though after feedback from GDC. People were getting confused it sounds like so I hope this is a bit less confusing.

KingSlizzard
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 01:24:47 PM »

Hey guys!

I've been working on some stuff that I thought might be cool.

Here's the #screenshotsaturday post I did of some work on #GIFingAround's Mobile, Tablet, & Desktop clients http://imgur.com/a/PvdZB

New Stuff
  • I implemented a sort of auto pilot system. Its really common to not stay in an app for a while on mobile. This is why mobile multiplayer games tend to be asynchronous for a reason. So if a game is real time and a player leaves, what happens? In a lot of cases, I'd see the game put on pause or even ended; assuming the player has quit. What I did is I added an bot system to take over if a player leaves. The player can then resume the app and replace their bot, not affecting the other players' experiences.
  • I've also added social media plugins, such as facebook, twitter, reddit ect. Imgur is coming next.
  • There are themed rounds now! What these do is every # of turns, hands get suspended and temporarily replaces with 5 gifs of a specific theme. Like game of thrones, tv, or even Kanye West!

Incoming
  • Democracy rounds are almost done! These rounds, the OP is not the judge, and instead all players vote on eachothers gifs.
  • Cross platform cloud saving! This is actually done technically, I just need to finish the ui hook ups
  • History! This will be a way to browse the round's previous posts and gifs. Also you'll be able to see your own and friends history

Bugs
  • VS rounds are broken right now. I fixed a gif scaling issue and that really broke the way vs rounds works so its turned off for now.
    In game web browsing is not really functional on mobile, Ill be fixing that.
    Also custom GIF uploading is wonky. I'm gonna redo it.

KingSlizzard
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 02:36:35 PM »

'Ello! I just pushed a big update to the public!

New Stuff :D
  • Bot "auto pilot" when you leave a game
  • Have to leave the game? Don't worry your friend's wont care!
  • Bot resume when you join a game that has a bot; marked as replacing you
  • Keep your seat saved!
  • More room custimization options!
  • Such as phase time! Is 60 seconds a phase too slow or fast for you? Change it!
  • Social Media Hook Ups!
  • Share to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, & Reddit!
  • New Music!
  • New Item!
  • GIF Refresh: Don't like a GIF? Refresh it!
  • End Game
  • When the last round is reached, who got the most Karma Points?!? Cuz they are da winnneeerrr!!

Fixed Things Smiley
  • GIF canvas scaling
  • Chat now has audio notifications and color coded names
  • OP is more distinctly displayed
  • Eased the information

Broken Things Sad
  • In game web browsing
  • GIF url copying is busted
  • web page navigation is clunky
  • some little visual things

If you wanna join the free open beta, feel free to sugn up at http://gifingaround.com/beta.html!

Nicholas Lives
Level 1

Catch of the Day

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 02:53:37 PM »

Just wanted to pop in to say that I love this idea. Very simple and elegant way of taking the simple Apples to Apples formula and applying it to modern mobile devices and attitudes. I'm not even a very adamant mobile guy, or even really a huge fan of all the memeage on the internet these days; so this is normally the kind of project I'd roll my eyes at as the kind of product Zynga would make, trying to side with what the kids like these days. Yet.. I'm glad someone that isn't them is doing this first. Good luck man; I wish you the best! And the game looks very polished already by the way. Look forward to giving it a spin with some friends!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic