Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411497 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:16:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGame Club: Metroid 2
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Game Club: Metroid 2  (Read 5429 times)
yeahjim
Level 0

asdf

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2015, 01:15:19 PM »

Not sure if I've found an exploit or if I just can't master the controls, but it seems like you can climb "unclimbable" walls with the judicious use of bombs and spider ball.

EDIT: Okay, I think the latter. Am I really going to spend the game killing 39 of the same miniboss?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:39:29 PM by yeahjim » Logged
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2015, 01:51:04 PM »

Yeah, its the latter. All walls are climbable.

As for metroids, they begin to poke evolve as you progress through the game.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2015, 09:27:24 PM »

jumped in a bit ago from 24 metroids. have the space jump now. game's warmed up to me a bit. feels more like a precursor to super metroid than a retread of metroid nes the more i get into it

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2015, 09:50:52 AM »

That's where I'm picking up, today. Yeah, the opening part is a little rigid, but once you're a chapter or two deep, it gets pretty solid. Lots of hunting powerups, and hunting Metroids that go hand-in-hand pretty nicely.

That said, it's about time for the musical link.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2015, 01:02:19 AM »

And I finished the game. The last area is amazing; totally fell in love with it. The primordial soup, the desolate areas, the destroyed statue, the music when you pass below the egg, the larva ambush, the small spiked chamber where you can hear the queen's grumplings (that section almost makes you feel her breath), the encounter with the queen itself and the hatchling section , all of them so masterful. While you can argue as to how quirky the game is for the most part, the endgame is drooling insanely with atmosphere. One of the best and eeriest climax levels in games.

it was pretty damn fuckin good yeah

just beat it. time was 6:16 which is abysmal but yeah

it definitely gets better over time. a grower for sure. gonna have to talk about it more at length tomorrow? maybe?

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2015, 12:01:36 PM »

Trying to scrap together this playthrough for the last couple days I have left - life STILL being a dick about everything... I've got through the Space Jump/3-minutes-of-Spazer-to-get-to-Plasma Beam/Hi-Jump Boots/Spring Ball area now, and I'm on the Metroid hunting piece after that.

I *think* I got them all and got the earthquake, but the goop didn't move, and now it says I have one left. O.o The feck!? Also, those one-way-passages are particularly assholey, but an amusing approach to take. I think I've been everywhere, and can't find that last one, though; I'm guessing it's the Delta/Zeta Metroid; since I've only encountered a bunch of Betas and a few Alphas in the area...

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2015, 07:38:47 AM »

the goop lowers.not in the main hallway, but on the prvious chamber hwere there is.a.guy floating from side to side. You kill the metroid there and it now lowers on the main hallway

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2015, 10:30:24 AM »

Ahhh, I thought it might be something like that. Thank you Alevice!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic