Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 04:03:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignDeath in Games
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: Death in Games  (Read 17345 times)
professor dead
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2009, 07:25:25 PM »

Er, yes, I think that's pretty much what I meant; sorry I wasn't so clear. For example, take Metal Gear Solid; A lot of the game is spent going in and out of the Codec screen at critical points in the action to listen to dialogue about what is happening. It's all part of the story, which has in turn become part of the gameplay, and when you die and have to restart, you often have no choice but to go into the Codec screen again, only to mash X to skip the dialogue. I think that's what I was getting at, anyway!

speaking of revealing the plot in a game, if you haven't tried a thief game (preferably not the third) you should czech it out  Noir

I'm pretty sure that this was done in Superman Returns. You were invincible, but the city had a health meter.

that is silly
Artoures
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2014, 05:58:02 AM »

i never mind dying in a metal gear solid game, cause it is just trying many different strategies. Also dark souls combat is very enjoyable, so much so that i really dont care about progress, i just like the fighting, like living in the moment. Or tony hawks pro skater, which is just fun to play, regardless if you are getting any further in the game. So i think the best way is for a game to have very fun controls.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic