Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 01:39:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallChronoclysm: Paradox Battle Arena
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Chronoclysm: Paradox Battle Arena  (Read 1228 times)
surger1
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2015, 12:54:28 PM »

Just released Chronoclysm Yesterday

Launch Trailer
Itch Page http://surger1.itch.io/chronoclysm
Greenlight

The gameplay consists of short action rounds. Each one repeats with the next using the paradox time mechanic to build up the battle or solve a challenge.

There are three classes to choose from each round: Mage, Knight and Builder

The mage provides long range and minor mobility without sacrificing speed overly.

The knight is lumbering and slow but has a wide arcing attack. He can also parry and block missiles or swords.

The builder utilizes the environment and can trip traps, build bridges, or just squish people with his hammer. Alternatively he can also lay down bombs.

Oldest surviving prototype shot

In Action Now

Development started back in October 2014. It's only been little ole me working on it 8-12 hrs a day. Put it up on itch for right now but want to get it onto steam.

The download is $4 recommended but you can just put 0 to get it for free. Going to be adding another 8 new challenges, 4 arenas, 4 team colors and more as part of the push onto steam. May be looking at how difficult networked multiplayer would be to implement as well.

Like many small devs I had issues getting the resources together. I did the artwork myself with Graphics Gale and got a midi keyboard and used Famitracker to make the songs. Here is the soundcloud to the

Soundtrack https://soundcloud.com/surger1/sets/chronoclysm

A list of used software and tools for production including promotional materials:
  • Unity - Main Engine
  • FamiTracker - Music
  • www.bfxr.net - Sound Effects
  • Audacity - Audio Editing
  • Graphics Gale - Pixel Art
  • Paint.Net - Minor Photoshop work
  • Fraps - Record Game
  • VSDC Free Video Editor - Video editor that allows layers
  • Gimp - Makes gifs!
  • Free Video to Jpeg Converter - Converts videos to jpeg for the gifs

Both of the programs with Free in the name will try and install stuff other than the program. If you use them please be aware of this.

It's been a rough road so far. I've been developing games as a means of escape from my mental illness. Crushing poverty and ptsd are a dangerous mix. The game is made though and I am so excited and proud to have that accomplishment behind me. Now I want to see how far I can push Chronoclysm. As of now I've had 300 downloads so there are plenty of people in the world who haven't tried it.

Stage 1 complete now onto steam!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 11:56:23 PM by surger1 » Logged
autumnspark
Level 0

hnnngh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 09:50:17 PM »

I love the way the mages hold their hands when casting. They'd be awesome in a line dance of Thriller.

surger1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 01:27:40 PM »

Thanks! I spent some time trying to solve my animation issue :/ I did a bunch of designs but the hands and eyes never looked better than the prototype images. Re Did everything else and gave them a slender sexy sashay but those eyes and hands I had to keep.
surger1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 12:11:09 AM »

Good first week of release.

One of the most rewarding things I've ever experienced as a dev. Reached enough money earned to afford the greenlight FEE! On to greenlightdom! Well Hopefully.

Great feedback as well. I've incorporated almost all of the changes discussed the stream. F5 instantly reloads, the eyes display their direction, initial camera pan of targets.

Even made an entire new training room level to give people an area to try out the mechanics with less pressure.

Really hoping to grow the player base. It's been really nice to develop based on feedback.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic