Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:46:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallParagonyx Introduces Super Blast Off!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Paragonyx Introduces Super Blast Off!  (Read 788 times)
Paragonyx
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2015, 06:52:42 PM »

Note: We posted the following content at our blog. It is the announcement and introduction to the first game from Paragonyx, Super Blast Off!

This is Super Blast Off! game development update #1. The first of many in a series of posts set to follow the progress of our first game.

As I write this, I tell myself that this first post will not only serve as the introduction to our very first video game but also as a reminder to my partner and I of how far we have come (more on that later). Sure, we don’t have any gameplay to show off. Heck, we don’t even have an alpha build to give you a sense of what this game is about, nothing to whet an appetite for more. All we have is a working prototype. If you listen closely, you can hear the simultaneous mass closing of browser windows after I just stated that. But for those of you still sticking around, let me introduce you to Paragonyx’s first baby…

A platformer named Super Blast Off! But this will not be your run-of-the-mill platformer. The game will be much more than that. Ask Mike (my partner), I’ve even gone as far as to refer to this game as Super Mario on crack. At least that’s what we’re aiming for – to create a game as beloved and fun as the original Super Mario but with the technology and ideas of today. Realistically, that is no easy feat and one we can only dream of achieving. But hey, if you’re going to set goals, why not aim for the stars?

The concept of Super Blast Off! is simple – a 2D platformer with levels, items, and enemies that are random, procedurally generated. Add an elaborate scoring system based on performance and actions within the game to go along with the global leaderboards we have planned. Throw in some RPG elements cause why not?! And then you have the recipe for what could be a very fun and successful game with immense replay value – we hope.

Read the rest of the post: http://www.paragonyx.com/game-development/houston-we-have-blast-off/
tronster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 04:32:26 AM »

Anyone else receive spam from this company by scraping your TIGSource e-mail?
NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 05:00:30 AM »

Yep. Piss me off.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic