Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 03:31:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSpacejacked - Build. Shoot. Survive invasion by filthy alien scum.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Spacejacked - Build. Shoot. Survive invasion by filthy alien scum.  (Read 1308 times)
Jon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 04, 2015, 12:17:55 AM »

Hi all!

I'd would appreciate it if you could spare some time to try out a game that my team at Rotten Mage have been working on for the past few months:

Spacejacked (Endless Mode) - Build. Shoot. Survive invasion by filthy alien scum.
Link: http://gamejolt.com/games/arcade/spacejacked-endless-mode/50894/

Brief description
Spacejacked is an arena-based shooter with elements of tower defense. Control Dave, a lone technician tasked with protecting the whole spaceship from being overrun by aliens while it prepares to warp into hyperspace. Players who seek to experience a blend of action shooter and tower defense will enjoy this game.

Screenshots/Gifs

For testers
Please let me know if you encounter any problems with the game (slow framerate, crashes, etc), as well as any feedback you may have.
Some questions:
  • Do you feel that any of the turrets are overpowered?
  • Do you understand how the player gets hurt by enemies?
  • Do you understand the different properties of the enemies?
It would also be nice if you could tell me how many waves you survived in your first playthrough, second playthrough, and so on (you can find that information in the Stats option upon game over).

Additional stuff
The build on GameJolt is the endless mode of Spacejacked. We're currently working on extending the game to a full PC title which will include a story mode and challenge mode.
Also, Spacejacked is on Steam Greenlight! If you like what you see, please help us spread the word and vote for us!
Greenlight link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398146007

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

MereMonkey
Level 2

Creator of Music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 07:32:11 AM »

Hey Jon! Saw this a couple days ago, though only had the time to check it out there now. First off I have to say this is a masterpiece!! Now here are some of thoughts that came to mind when playing:

1st - Wave 17
2nd - Wave 10
3rd - Wave 19

Overall I feel the gameplay feels very balanced, I never felt that anything was over powered in anyway. I love how smooth the movement is and the SFX are great you can play them to the rhythm of the loops playing which is great fun haha and on the subject of music, epic job!! It's very easy to understand how everything works, at first I wasn't sure how the rate of fire worked for the player's gun however after some trail and error I got the hang of it.

Two things I think could be looked at are:

1. Once the level is complete all the scraps of metal get sucked into the player, when this happens it sounds like multiple of the same sfx are being played at the same time which is cool however I feel it's a tad loud.

2. In this version of the game the SFX continue to play until each enemy has died, it may be better to fade this out as the black screen fades in.

Annd that's about it had s great time playing it and look forward to doing so again!  Hand Clap Smiley

My Site  -  My Twitter - *GASP* MY SPINACH PUFFS!
Jon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 01:15:58 AM »

Hi MereMonkey!

Thanks for following our development all this time! Also, thanks for the compliments, we really appreciate your support :D

1. Once the level is complete all the scraps of metal get sucked into the player, when this happens it sounds like multiple of the same sfx are being played at the same time which is cool however I feel it's a tad loud.

Yeah, that is a problem. Looks like I have to get off my lazy bum and fix this soon.

2. In this version of the game the SFX continue to play until each enemy has died, it may be better to fade this out as the black screen fades in.

That's a good suggestion. I'll put that into the next build :D

Thanks for being awesome!

MereMonkey
Level 2

Creator of Music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 01:20:04 AM »

No problem happy to help!  Coffee

My Site  -  My Twitter - *GASP* MY SPINACH PUFFS!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic