Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:43:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsSeeking a mentor with experience in the game industry to talk to
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Seeking a mentor with experience in the game industry to talk to  (Read 695 times)
crusty
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: March 05, 2015, 02:24:00 PM »

Hello.  I quit my software eng job ~4 months ago and have been developing a little game full time since then.  At the moment, finishing it is my singular goal in life.  Hard to estimate, but it's maybe... 40% done.  I don't have a devlog for it here because I'm still using placeholder art ripped from other games... and also I am terrified of criticism (I need to work on that).

The game is 2D, made in Unity w/ C# (and the new 4.6 UI stuff).  It's a roguelike RPG type of deal (yea yea lame I know -- but its cool and different I promise).

I've heard many times that when endeavoring to learn a craft it can be very helpful to have an experienced mentor to talk things over with and steer you away from common pitfalls.  Well, I've been staring at this thing by myself for what seems like a long time now and I am thinking I want to share it with somebody who can give me some veteran opinions and answer some questions (mostly about the indie game development industry and self publishing a game).

So I'm throwing this out there in the hopes that I will find somebody with some game dev experience under their belt willing to help out a newbie/discuss my game/talk about topics.

Also if you are a 2D artist, holla.

Caravan: devlog | website
islipaway
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 01:48:12 PM »

You might find what you're looking for here: http://gmo.chronus.com/p/main/about

crusty
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 02:34:01 PM »

Wow that sounds really cool.  Thanks for the link!

Caravan: devlog | website
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic