Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 01:18:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSuper Red-Hot Hero
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Super Red-Hot Hero  (Read 1463 times)
Pericuelo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 06, 2015, 04:25:19 AM »

Well, i think it's time to start our dev blog (little late, but better late than never Wink). I want to introduce you...

A frantic platformer game by StrangeLight Games

About the game

Super Red-Hot Hero is a frantic action-platformer game inspired by Super Mario Bros, Super Meat Boy and Megaman. Play as Super Red-Hot Hero, the guy whose heart was replaced by a cell of thermal energy. But not any energy. His heart was replaced by a cell of Red-Hot Energy, the most powerful thermal energy ever created. With such an amount of Red-Hot Energy pulsing through our hero’s veins, Super Red-Hot Hero blew up the laboratory where Kazan Army created him and he ran away. With his new powers he can hop through the explosions of Red-Hot Energy at the speed of light, punching and shooting the forces of the Kazan Army in his path. Make your enemies explode to hop into their explosions of Red-Hot Energy!!

Features

• More than fifty frantic and full-of-explosions stages!
  • Amazing powers to facilitate making things explode, and create Red-Hot Explosions to hop in!
  • Punch enemies!
  • Shoot enemies!
  • Different ways to complete the stages depending on your creativity making enemies explode!
  • Stunning Red-Hot Music
  • Easy to play. Hard to master. Always fun.

Some external content

Our website: www.strangelightgames.com
....and our twitter, of course! @StrangeLightGMS

Thanks for your time, and I hope you find the project interesting! We will be looking forward to your comments!

Edit: updated with new data and less "big size" bothering images Wink
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:55:28 AM by Pericuelo » Logged

Pericuelo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 07:35:00 AM »

It's been a long time without posting anything, but we have been working hard, so I think it is time to show some new aspects.

The Energy System

Super Red-Hot Hero (hereafter SRHH) survives on Red-Hot Energy, but his energy will not last forever. Furthermore, his blast glove uses the same Red-Hot Energy. So, SRHH needs to collect energy or he will end like...

For the time being, SRHH can recover energy by picking little Red-Hot Energy spots.

Or he can fill a complete slot in the bar picking the most powerful Cells (used, also, to improve the energy bar... but this will be another story Wink)

The idea behind this system is to add a frenetic component to the game, because you can't be quiet anymore. But, at the same time, control when and how this will start to be a problem (at the first levels, for example, the Red-Hot Energy spots will be common, but not in the hardest ones).

SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 02:47:58 PM »

That's a pretty good way to keep players on the move without using a timer. Like it!
Pericuelo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 07:49:56 AM »

That's a pretty good way to keep players on the move without using a timer. Like it!

Thanks SousaVilla, we will work hard to make this challenging but not frustrating!

Well, today I want to talk about the most basic power which we will use in Super Red-Hot Hero: the Red-Hot Travel.

With the Red-Hot Travel, our Hero can jump between Red-Hot Energy portals (what we call a Density). Those densities are made of a large amount of concentrated energy.

This power is very useful not just because you can move further than jumping, but because Red-Hot Hero can avoid walls, enemies...

For example you can go through this big yellow block (which in the future will have some nice graphics Wink):

You can, also, aim with the left stick to target your prefered density. When you Travel, some of your movement speed appears as inertia at the end of the travel, so you can use it to jump large dangerous areas if you choose wisely your targets...

Note: yes, those black things are very dangerous and mortal spikes. You know, under development graphics and so...

To choose the target between visible densities, we use what we called Red-Hot Target (Oh! Something called Red-Hot something! Unbelievable!). The Red-Hot Target is a simple system that allows you to aim your Travels, but don't make it more difficult if any density is ok for you. To see how it works, a picture is worth a thousand words:

As a final example with the Travel, I will show a combination of powers. As you progress in the game, you will find new (and always amazing!!) powers. For example, you can shoot at your enemies with the Blast Gloves (so mockup at the moment, I promise a post with improves). And as those enemies are made of Red-Hot Energy, they create densities when they die. Perfect to move faster through the stage.

Indeed, we shown more combos in the first video, but at the moment there are so many thing to improve...

Our idea with this system is to give the player some freedom to create their own way, using the enemies as puzzle pieces. Well, and in many of these gifs the camera is nearest to the player than in most part of the game (I made very small gifs because i don't know how to make them bigger without increasing the size of the file too much ^^'), but in the ingame stages, the Red-Hot Travel option will create multiple ways to solve some parts or find hidden objects. Or just to move faster while a giant tsunami of magma is chasing you. But this is another story...

Pericuelo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 07:36:55 AM »

Hi all!

After a lot of work, we are in Greenlight looking for feedback and... why not, some love <3

There you will see a lot of news about the game (the ones that's I'm supposed to be publishing in our devlog... *cough* *cough*), and lovely gifs showing the powers in action. Because with gifs everything is better, isn't it?

Pericuelo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 08:06:09 AM »

Hi people!

Long time from the last update! To say the truth, 2016 was a bad year for our development: we were forced to stop the production for several months because of work, and the project was freezed Sad. But the last months we decided to stop other projects and finally complete Super Red-Hot Hero once and for all.

Is for this reason that we have been working in our kickstarter, to try to get the mínim funds that we need to end the game.

BUT, even more important than that, we have released a DEMO!! Smiley Smiley

You can download it from the kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/strangelightgames/super-red-hot-hero?ref=e0wp55 (don’t worry, is just after the video, no need to scroll all the page down). If you are interested, here you will find too a lot of info about the game (check out the updates too Wink).

Any feedback or comment will be really appreciated!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic