Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:19:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSonar Strike - 2d Sonar Click-Shooter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sonar Strike - 2d Sonar Click-Shooter  (Read 884 times)
felilix
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2015, 10:13:27 PM »

Hi  Smiley, I'm a beginning game developer and new to tigsource forums. Having worked in civil engineering for the last 10 years, in the last 6 months I decided to pursue a career in games development.  I've always had an interest in games design, and I finally decided to take some time off to have a serious crack at creating games.

Well introductions aside, here is my small game - Sonar Strike - http://www.kongregate.com/games/johnfelixgarrad/sonar-strike

As you look at the green glow of your sonar screen, target and destroy waves of enemies of increasing intensity. Destroy them all before they escape your sonar display. As the waves increase you will receive bonuses to assist in your operations. Good luck!

I came up with the idea after seeing the classic sonar display watching the "The Cruel Sea" which inspired me to make a simple game using the mechanic. It took about 2 weeks to complete, in between working on another story driven game I am collaborating on.

I would love to hear any feedback or suggestion on the game, such as:
What do you think of the main sonar mechanic?
How could the art style be improved?
What enemy behaviours/types would you like to see?
What other upgrades or firing modes would you like to see?

Any feedback would be so helpful. I really want to improve, player feedback would be invaluable for the next update.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully playing  Gentleman
Mya
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 01:53:52 AM »

Really nice work - love the idea Smiley

I wondered how it might feel to have your ship be under threat, like if the subs actually fired torpedoes if not taken out quickly enough, and if your ship takes too much damage, it's game over. The atmosphere feels nice & suspenseful, so I think some kind of threat would fit in.

Maybe shrink the size of your ship on the screen a bit, just to emphasise the empty space around you a bit more?

All in all great work Wink

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic