Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 06:24:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[CLOSED] Looking for GUI artist for UE4 JRPG interface
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Looking for GUI artist for UE4 JRPG interface  (Read 1033 times)
Booger
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2015, 12:27:37 AM »

Edit:

I think I have found someone.  Thank you to all who emailed, I will be responding personally to each of you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Might as well put this out here.  I just got started tinkering with Unreal Engine 4 and am thinking of making a serious game (since this is the only way to really get to know the tools).  I'm thinking of a simple action adventure JRPG with very few characters (so i can afford a few 3D models which I am in process of commissioning) and with majority of the level design built within Unreal itself.  As for my experience I have not shipped any paid games but I do have unfinished prototypes (Unity3D).

What I want is a User Interface artist who can come up with a complete unified theme set of buttons and widgets, namely:

-Main menu buttons, preference Sliders
-Dialogue Textboxes, with a little slot on the left to put an optional face graphic
-HP/MP/SP bars and indicators
-Inventory and Status screen widgets

I just want a set with the most common basic UI widgets... I wonder how much this will all cost (PayPal).

Take note I don't require ICONS. There are plenty of royalty free vector GUI icons pack which are available for free or for purchase.  What I want are the SURROUNDS, i.e. the frame systems these icons will be placed in.  These UI elements will also be overwritten with text "e.g. Start, Config" so it should be clear for what use each component is for.  Additionally, if these widgets are stackable then I have all the flexibility I need.

As for general theme I'm thinking of something steampunk and yet feminine:  think of the JRPG Eternal Sonata. Flowers, vines, those twirly decor thingies.  I am somewhat targeting a decent-sized female audience even though I have doubts how many have the rig to run Unreal Engine.  (Yes, I am using Macho Dudebro Engine to make a Girly Game.  Because I love the material editor and pretty things.)

Please take note since I am just starting out this means the high probability that your work might never see the light of day in a completed product -- or that I might end up with something totally different from what I started with.  So I want to reserve the right to use your graphics in whatever game I get to even finish, i suppose.  The main reason I'm commissioning this early is that seeing final art is a big motivational boost since my prototypes can feel more polished and I can focus on the more important things like feedback and actual fun instead of wasting my time trying to polish and redo things again and again... just to make something marginally prettier.  UE4 being free is a godsend since even my crappy models look pretty out of the box.

I'm not a professional developer, but i will treat you as a professional.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 11:01:47 PM by Booger » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic