Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:25:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessBest way to promote indiegogo cf campaign page?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Best way to promote indiegogo cf campaign page?  (Read 573 times)
Crimson_Games
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2015, 10:26:51 AM »

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum as you may see, but our team and myself are having few doubts. We are developing an MMORPG for 7 months, with our own funds, but now, we want to hire a team of professional modelers and animators, to help us out our project lives. We have started indiegogo crowdfunding campaign, but now we have to promote it and make people aware of it. Could you please help us out with giving some suggestions? We have already started some fb advertising, building up awareness through some gaming portals and so. Thanks in advance!!!
RaccoonV
Level 0

Business & Marketing

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 12:34:16 AM »

Well, a bit more information (or a link to the campaign) would be helpful. Effective marketing/branding is easier to achieve if you already located some budget (probably your own money) towards this purpose. I can't really comment specific on your situation (due to lack of information), but here are some really general tips:

- Make sure to use Twitter and proper hashtags (e.g. #screenshotsaturday)
- Join relevant groups on Facebook (this group for example has nearly 20.000 members that are interested in indie games and crowd funding, there are tons more: https://www.facebook.com/groups/227592780726252/)
- Have a proper demo ready and a good trailer/announcement trailer. A trailer has more impact compared to screenshots, if done well.
- Interesting milestones for your campaign (more content when certain goals are achieved is one example)
- Research press that are writing about Kickstarter campaigns and contact them. (Make sure you have a press release)
- If you want to get creative you can do a lot with Fiverr to help your campaign (http://fiverr.com/)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic