Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 10:40:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[Paid] Programmer for "Where Is My Hammer"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Paid] Programmer for "Where Is My Hammer"  (Read 1186 times)
Davision
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2015, 05:58:04 AM »

I'm going to make a full game out of my Game Jam game "Where Is My Hammer" and I'm looking for a experienced C++ programmer who can work full-time on all the programming in UE4.

The "demo" I did in just 48 hours received a lot of interest across press and gamers and I'm also already in contact with one of the bigger Publishers who is interested in a full game. Here is more about it and the download: http://gamejolt.com/games/action/where-is-my-hammer/39931/

To quickly introduce me and Toco Games: I have now a 10+ years experience in making games, mostly in the art side of things which basically includes everything from low to high poly, animation, texturing, all kinds of tech artist things etc. I was the lead artist on several smaller games and also designed my own games. Most importantly I made the game Last Knight all on my own except the music and sounds and released it successfully on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/262210

You should be:
  • A skilled C++ programmer with industry experience
  • Have AI experience (can be basic)
  • Some understanding of gameplay programming
  • Not afraid of programming with physics
  • Be also in it for the premise of the game

I'm open to any type of paid work/collaboration: monthly payment, 50/50 split or a combination.

While the game will have a rather simple blocky look it will be by no means a easy to make game. The levels are planned to be smaller then seen in the demo but performance can still be a issue and shortcomings of the destruction system of UE4 might need to be build upon. Having the tools/weapons physics driven is also rather challenging to do. Levels need to be perfect grid based so the physics can work right everywhere. Level building, artwork and game design will be handled by me while you will be responsible for all the programming but I'm not strict about it. You could also make levels, I could also assist you with blueprint scripting etc. Furthermore someone for sound and music will be brought in and maybe someone for writing bits of story.

It is a off-site work and it doesn't matter much from where you are as long as your English is decent enough. (I'm from Germany but as you can see my English is not too shabby) I worked successfully with off site teams a lot in the past but to make it work you should bring some own initiative and be passionate about making games.

If you are interested in working on this project send me your application to David[at]vitamin3d.com
Include what qualifies you and why you want to work on this project.
When sending a list of games you already worked on please also include what you were responsible for. Can be all kept short.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic