Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:12:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessStarting up an indie company - Looking for feedback! :-)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Starting up an indie company - Looking for feedback! :-)  (Read 746 times)
ZenityMG
« on: March 12, 2015, 06:37:29 AM »

Hello everyone! I am starting up an indie game company with a few other people and we would love to hear from you in regards to our company. It is a very short, simple survey and shouldn't take long at all. If you could fill out the survey for us then that would be awesome! :D https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FD2GCWM
Garrent
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 06:44:09 AM »

this is a forum for game devs, we are not your target market
RaccoonV
Level 0

Business & Marketing

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 02:10:49 AM »

this is a forum for game devs, we are not your target market

Besides that.

The survey you are conducting will never give good results. A survey (and the data gathered from it) need to be; reliable, accurate, representative and valid. There are a lot of things wrong with this survey;

- You forgot the basics to get a better picture of what everyone wants: age, where they live, gender etc.
- You also post this in the forum ''business'', which probably won't give a good representation of what your target audience will be like.
- Not all the people know what 'Assasins Creed' is, try to link some websites or images.
- 'Simulator'-genre and you indicate 'Goat simulator'? Makes no sense.
- The pricing indicators are wrong.
- When a gamer (I just use the general context) comes on your page, you want to gather as much information (data) as possible. You need to ask more and better questions.
- There should be room (a comment box) where the target audience can leave feedback/information etc.
- The options are limited. Only yes or no for a re-playability question? Maybe he is neutral about it.
- Genres are limited and not indicated properly.
- If someone says no, then what? You want to know WHY he/she doesn't like it. That way you can improve it after you have collected a lot of data from people who participated in the survey.

And I also would like to let you know that if you want feedback on a survey on a forum where people usually talk 'business' it isn't a good idea to make a topic in the format like you did. But that is just my opinion.

Good luck with your company and survey though!  
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic