Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 12:01:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPop Puff and Away! - A deceptively cute looking but challenging puzzle game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pop Puff and Away! - A deceptively cute looking but challenging puzzle game  (Read 2857 times)
namre
« on: March 12, 2015, 04:07:29 PM »

Yummy Description

Pop Puff and Away! is a cute looking but challenging puzzle game where stepping on arrows throws you in the direction they are pointing at.

Control our two protagonists, Pop the bear and Puff the dino, and help them get all the treats scattered on the island!

Mouthwatering Screenshots

Tantalizing Video Gameplay

Sweet game details

• Around 70+ levels to solve!
  • 5 different worlds each with their own unique puzzle mechanic!
  • Cute visuals but challenging puzzles!
  • Available on Android and IOS!

Try out the demo!

« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 06:53:19 AM by AccidentalRebel » Logged
namre
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 08:04:34 PM »

Latest Updates

• Finally finished and tested the latest and last puzzle mechanic for the game. Switches rotate specific arrows making for more fun levels! Looking forward to making more of these soon.
  • Started working on a build for puzzle making collaborators. Hoping I could finish soon so that they can get cracking
  • Started working on more visual polish
  • Lots of bug fixes

phyerboss
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 12:51:28 AM »

Really slick design and look!

Good stuff so far! Keep it up!

Beta Coming Soon!
Seaport
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 12:40:37 AM »

Do you have an idea of a release date? this looks just the sort of thing I'd like to play

namre
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 11:47:46 PM »

Do you have an idea of a release date? this looks just the sort of thing I'd like to play
We are aiming to release before Casual Connect Asia. So hopefully around second week of May.

We will rolling out playtests soon though. So if you are interested, I'll add you to the list. ;P
namre
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 03:00:40 PM »

Latest Update - March 21, 2015

Gomez Added Level Details

Started working on adding polish to the game. Added small little details like the butterflies in the GIF below:

Click to watch the GIF

Gomez Using Google Drive for Collaborating with Level Creators

Most of the week was spent working on a system that makes level creation easier for collaborators. And so, I devised a system that uses Google Drive.

The basic idea of the system is:
A copy of the game is uploaded to a publicly shared folder in Google Drive. From here, collaborators can run and play the game on their browsers.
Each collaborator is then assigned their own levels folder where they could add and edit levels using their own Google Drive accounts. When they’re done, they can just refresh the game to see the new changes.

One of my goals here was to make something that is easy to set up with no installation of anything whatsoever. This is so they wont be bothered with technical stuff and just get on with making levels. Smiley

More details can be found on my blog here: http://www.accidentalrebel.com/using-google-drive-for-collaborating-with-level-creators/2015/03/21/

It is not a perfect system but it has been very useful to us so far.
namre
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 05:11:54 PM »

Gomez Infinite Loops

While playing around with one of the puzzle mechanics, we've found out that you can get yourself stuck in an infinite loop if you are not careful. You can just restart a level if you do get stuck but it's just fun to watch.

Gomez Preparing for Beta Playtesting

We've had people try the game before which gave us really valuable feedback. You can say that we now got feedback hungry and is wanting for more.

Much of the week was spent preparing the game for beta playtesting. In other words, opening the game up to strangers on the internet. We are hoping we can share the link in the coming days.

It is our first time having a beta playatest so we hope everything goes well.
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 05:19:16 PM »

super cute!

namre
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 06:22:37 AM »

Gomez Pop Puff in Indie Prize!

I was informed that Pop Puff and Away can now be seen at the website of Indie Prize! Although we have not received official word yet from the organizers, there is a high possibility that we have been accepted already. Crossing fingers.

This news greatly affects our plans for the next few weeks. Will definitely be focusing on preparing for Indie Prize, if ever.

Gomez Tuning to Playtest Feedback

We did a number of playtests this past week. One thing we found out is that people are still having a hard time grasping certain rules of the game. And so, we added a hint window just to give players a little nudge if ever they are trapped.

We also placed a lot of attention in the difficulty curve of the game, especially in the early levels. We want to make sure that players are able to learn the rules of the game with minimal instructions.

It's a difficult problem but I think we are getting there.

Gomez Worked on In-App Purchases

Finally got to work on In-App Purchases for iOS. I actually already had this working a few months before but the recent iOS update messed things up forcing me to redo the system. I'm hoping to test this some more in the coming weeks.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 06:31:07 AM by AccidentalRebel » Logged
namre
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 06:48:41 AM »

Gomez Highlighting arrows connected to switches

We added a feature where touching switches highlights the arrows that it is connected to. It is an effort to make it easy for players to plan their moves.

Gomez Background detail polishes

Added a bit more polish to the levels. For the gif above, I've added a simple animation to the windmill. It's not much but it does add a bit more liveliness to the level. There will be more soon, of course.

Gomez Plans for Casual Connect Asia

We just received confirmation that we are accepted at the Indie Prize competition which means we get to the upcoming Casual Connect Asia conference. This forced us to accelerate our plans so we are considering having a soft launch on the event itself. More will be revealed soon!

Thanks for checking out our devlog!
namre
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 06:26:10 PM »

Casual Connect Singapore is just a month away! We still have a lot to do before the date so expect more noise coming from us in the next few weeks!

Gomez Screen resolution testing on multiple devices

Here's a video where I test the latest build of Pop Puff and Away! on an iPad 3. I can definitely say that making sure that games look good on many devices is tricky. Which is why we need to test wherever available just to make sure.

Gomez Chapter Purchase Window

We reworked our chapter purchase window to make sure that it is clear to players what they will get from buying all the chapters.

For example, we made sure to explain that each chapter will have a new puzzle mechanic that they will get to play around with when they purchase. We've also highlighted three trial levels so that they could get a gist of the mechanic. Plus, a very big button with a shopping cart icon for easy purchasing.
namre
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 07:00:57 AM »

Gomez Game is finally done!

It has been a long journey. Finally, after a year of development, the game is finally on store "shelves".

Gomez Here are some links!

Gomez Thank you!

Thank you to everyone here on TigSource for the support! I am hoping more people can get to play our game and experience what we have lovingly crafted through the whole year.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic