Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:52:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Creative[Past is in the past]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [Past is in the past]  (Read 7939 times)
phosphorous
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 07:45:27 AM »

Came to read this topic because I have some similar feelings with my project (though it is not finished). Congrats on the success! Ended up trying Antumbra on gamejolt. Interesting stuff, very surreal and disturbing. I especially liked the part of spending 40 years wandering the desert, the concept of that had an impact on me more than the other horrifying stuff.
tupikp (Studio5113)
Level 0

Personal Text?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 04:17:18 AM »

YOU FINALLY PROVE YOURSELF WRONG MATE! Congrats! :D Gentleman
VaultBoy85
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 08:25:39 AM »

That's amazing! Congrats on the buzz. Sometimes you have to jump off the cliff to succeed.
lithander
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 11:13:02 AM »

Awesome thread! All the anxiety in the first post made me want to give you a hug - and then, such a happy ending! Smiley Put a smile on my face. =)

DanglinBob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2015, 12:11:42 PM »

Welcome to the new hell of having to continuously promote your game Smiley Don't slow down! Keep e-mailing youtube casters and press to keep the buzz going strong. Congrats!
SpectrumGame
Level 0

Elon Musk fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2015, 10:41:35 PM »

Nice! this looks cool man. Just saw the Markiplier Youtube video. Good game Smiley. Wish you all the best.
Elsaess
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 02:23:49 AM »

This was a nice thread to read. Smiley
CYS
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 05:56:06 PM »

Hey great work man!!

As dev, we all have to experience it at some point. Just try not to take any comment personally. Stay away from messages that are obviously trolling, but take negative feedback as lessons to make your next game much better. You don't have to take in all of them of course, as opinions are subjective. Some people may hate on certain things, but some may like it. Also I may be a bit mean saying this now, but don't let positive feedback get you over your head as well.

Once again, I'm happy for you!

absolute8
Level 5

WTF, some aggressive nerd... (•̀ω•́)و ̑̑

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2015, 02:46:15 PM »

Dude, thank you for writing this. Many of us feel the same way. I personally tend to repress those fears and get stuck in a rut. Your bravery and honesty is refreshing. Many of us can learn a great deal from this topic.

Meanwhile, focus on your intent when creating a project. Worry about the actual purpose later. One thing I've discovered is that once you create something and submit it to the world, it no longer belongs to you. Your audience discovers their own purpose for whatever you put out. Depending on your love of aesthetics and your skill in execution, the purpose your audience discovers could remain very close to your intent.

Enjoy what you create. Don't think about fans or money.

If you truly have a love for what you are making and not simply an aspiration to achieve a status or some unrelated gain, then you will create gold in time. Ironically, status and unrelated gains will simply overtake you at that point.

Think primarily about the value of what you are doing-- the value of the work in itself All while you are working on a game, don't constantly derail your process with "what-ifs"  and hypothetical thoughts. Get concrete feedback from test sessions, then put your blinders back on and your favorite music and be immersed in the flow.

If you approach things in this manner and find your own undeniable value in your work, then others will too.

Just keep at it, man

humbugP
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2015, 04:51:16 AM »

I think the problem is that you are tying the game to close to you as a person. I think the best way to be able to handle criticism is to take one step back, and see the game as something you have made, but it's not you. Nobody can criticize you as a person based on a game that you made, they can only criticize how you have created this specific game. But that does not say anything of you as a person, or how you have made previous games or what future games you can make. Also, taking one step back makes it much easier for your to look at your game in a fair way, and improve things that need to be improved etc. If you tie it to close to your personality, you won't be willing to see any problems.

P.S. Great work with the game!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic