Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:46:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Custom Palette in Game Maker?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Custom Palette in Game Maker?  (Read 3183 times)
DantronLesotho
Level 2

Video games.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 15, 2015, 07:02:47 AM »

Hello,

I know Game Maker has extensions that you can use, but I haven't really found any that I think are useful for what I'm working on yet. Is anyone aware of an extension that lets you save a custom color palette in game maker's image editing module? It sucks to have to use the eyedropper one color at a time to keep colors consistent across sprites.

I know that I could be using another software like photoshop, graphicsgale, pyxeledit, pixelartor, paint.net, etc, but I would like to just stick within the game maker IDE as much as possible.

Thanks!

Edit: Apparently extensions just add functionality to the operations of the games, not with the IDE itself, so it cannot be done. Womp womp!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 08:09:09 AM by DantronLesotho » Logged
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 01:12:16 PM »

Something that might help is to have a small image with one of every pixel in your palette that you can copy-paste so you can just have your palette in the sprite itself. It takes up room in your sprite to paste it in but you can always make a bigger sprite for room and shrink it after.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 01:17:26 PM »

The image editor (at least for GM8) has a 'custom colors' box that you could use.

In the color picker dialog:

It only holds 16 colors and it resets every time you restart GM, also it's a pain to get all your colors into it, but it's better than nothing.

Snowstorm
Level 0

It's supposed to be pixel art, but whatever.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 06:07:08 PM »

What version of GM are you using? IIRC, custom color palettes was a feature that was (or is) supposed to be implemented into Studio at some point.  Concerned

Craig
Snowstorm
DantronLesotho
Level 2

Video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 07:23:08 PM »

Ah, I see the custom colors window now. You are right that it's still quite limited, but will help at least a little bit. Thanks!

Btw, I am using Standard professional, v8.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic