Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411497 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:23:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeNeed inspiration to work
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Need inspiration to work  (Read 2929 times)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2015, 12:00:17 PM »

Right. I always finish LD games, actually. They may not always feel ~complete~, but that's jam games for you. I do as much as I can and then try to wrap it up and package it into a start screen and an end screen and then that's it. LD is great.

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2015, 11:11:23 AM »

Oh right. I started this thread.

In retrospect, it wasn't motivation that I was lacking, I really was extremely tired and stressed. But it's always nice to talk about motivations, how to keep it alive AND how to keep working even if it's completely dead. It comes and goes but it's more likely to return if you keep pushing through.

mzn528
Level 2

Dark Souls, Berserk and Vagabond Ultimate Fanboy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2015, 08:13:49 AM »

I think the key is to always get yourself something new and exciting to do and always do it in a way that will get you immediate feedback.

Ok this is vague, for example, when you animate something you can eventually see the end result which will give you a sense of accomplishment and keeps you going. If you do coding then you should block it into little pieces and work on them separately as each success will give you a push.

Not sure if I am making sense... I need coffee

Noob Game Dev and Pixel Artist, twitter @mzn528

Soul Appeaser, a combat focused story rich ARPG
DevLog
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic