Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:50:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeCreating a game similar to a few others - linked below
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Creating a game similar to a few others - linked below  (Read 1011 times)
Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: March 17, 2015, 07:44:09 AM »

Hello everyone,
I know this may seem a bit random, however, my fiancee/artist is back in town, and for the next months, we will have 3 weeks free/month to create whatever we desire.

I'd like to know : what is your opinion regarding the following games :
- magicite
- dungeon of the endless
- legend of dungeon

These seem relatively simple games, however - quite popular ! At this point, we're considering - since we're certain ( based on our previous experiences and competitions ) we could create something of a similar type within about a week, and the polish/testing/bug fixing would be about 2-3 weeks.

So I'd like to ask as I'm simply curious, what do you believe the outcome could possibly be to such a creation, would you be interested in the type/genre ?
Also, should I aim such a release at PC ? also dev blog it and market it all the way ?

Sincerely considering this option but would love to hear external opinions on the matter.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 02:15:27 AM by Dinomaniak » Logged

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 08:16:58 AM »

what do you believe the outcome could possibly be to such a creation, would you be interested in the type/genre ?

I don't get it. Are you asking if the game could be good given the time constraint or given its genre?

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 11:54:36 AM »

I like these kinds of games, and it's totally doable. Now, how are you planning to make them fun? Is there anything you're doing to make them different?

I'd say go for it.

Kytin
Level 0

Just hatched

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 02:59:43 PM »

The only thing these games really have in common is the art style (Well, that and permadeath). If you're asking if people actually like that kind of art style, then the answer is yes.

Dragon's Wake - Devlog
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic