Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:04:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall[Arcade][Android] Stack Pack
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Arcade][Android] Stack Pack  (Read 1126 times)
kunstberg
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2015, 09:05:10 AM »

Hai.

So, during my childhood the only portable source of fun I had aside from this cheapo BRICK GAME 9999 IN 1 thingy was my dad's Siemens phone with this wonerful time killer called Stack Attack installed in it. I can't tell how many times I borrowed it just to stack some more crates in a row. Ah, those were the days.

Anyway, many years passed since then and recently I've started to search if someone made a decent conversion of this game for modern mobile devices. The results did not quite please me: most of the games I found suffered from annoying gameplay issues or dull graphics (one of those "remakes" has an animation of protagonist turning into a bloody mess after being smashed by a crate) and were just poorly executed overall. The only faithful port (I suggest calling it this way since it uses original graphics and does not add any new gameplay elements) I found was quite neat, but I felt like nowadays the game could use some extra features.

So I found a programmer and we made our own poorly executed remake of the game with annoying gameplay issues and dull graphics, here it is!

And here are some of the screenshots:

We are planning on releasing an update featuring a new game mode and actual options menu quite soon, but I think the game is not too bad even in it's current state.

By the way, comments and critics would be highly appretiated!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 09:46:47 AM by kunstberg » Logged
Murilo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 10:54:28 AM »

I found myself playing it longer than I should! Great game, man!

I can't see anything wrong with it provided its purpose and simplicity. And it's better than that Siemens game which I remember playing years ago. Hope it does well!

kunstberg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 01:52:05 AM »

Thanks!
About this "doing well" thing... Well, the reviews are definitely mostly positive (the only major complaint is the weird control scheme, which is not weird at all to my taste but is going to be revised anyway), but the profits are quite humble even for such a small number of installations. As I said, we know only how to make games, but not how to promote them, and, sadly, no one seems to be interested in publishing this one for us.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic