Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:19:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesRIP Konami?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: RIP Konami?  (Read 46190 times)
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« on: March 20, 2015, 05:45:26 PM »

http://www.denofgeek.us/games/hideo-kojima/244773/hideo-kojima-has-left-konami-updated

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 10:44:40 PM »

http://i.imgur.com/eFDFY4P.jpg

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 11:01:21 PM »

I would laugh myself to tears if the plan for post-Kojima Metal Gear games is pachislot.
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 06:34:08 AM »

wat will his tigs handle be?

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 06:40:09 AM »

I always had one theory considern Konami CEOs:

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 03:44:13 PM »

Way to be jackasses, Konami. MGS without Kojima is going to be so laughably bad. The games have already been wacky enough with Hideo so you can imagine the mess modern day Konami will do to the series.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:35:52 PM by gunswordfist » Logged

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 08:36:32 AM »

Joakim Mogren.

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 09:15:08 AM »

kojima is metal gear. how do they not get this?

also wow way to kill my dreams. I was so excited for silent hills as this big kojima/del toro production, but now that it is merely del toro's project I worry it will descend into development hell.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 09:35:40 AM »

Joakim Mogren.
I bet he and the rest of the Moby Dick Studio team are going to post about their projects in the Devlog section.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 03:24:26 PM »

maybe it's just me but i don't think it's that unreasonable for a publicly traded company to reel in the guy who is making massive budget vanity projects that require a really shitty and wasteful asset development pipeline (specifically for the engine that you paid for the development of in an age of incredible existing engines) that ensures as many movie industry people as possible are involved, on top of the extra chunk of budget you had to secure for some celebrity voice. his game is taking so long that they had to resort to selling a demo, meanwhile his visibility and importance within the company grows and grows while surely being out-earned by some mobile game for people who live on trains.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 03:29:28 PM »

KAZ: Boss, the situation is bad. This operation is set against a backdrop of the growing power and influence of mobile gaming, especially in the company's main market. We need to run this one lean, and we need to make a lot of money to prove the viability of our studio.

KOJIMA: Let's spend 20 years developing our own engine where we have to meticulously 3d scan rocks. I want my own face to be in the game as well. Here is a list of guys on TV that I like, I want you to find some way for me to be able to sniff the chairs they've been sitting on without anybody knowing. Additionally, here's this bikini model. I need as many ways as possible to be allowed to stare at her tits on a professional basis.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 07:45:25 PM »

When your 20 mn demo sell a lot and his praise to heaven, you have some kind of golden goose

BTW since when konami has been relevant to game, I thought they were a fitness company now, game make less than 15% of their earnings and kojima's name is bigger in the video game industry than konami right now ...

Also 3D scan is now so ridiculously cheap indie people can do it (vanishing of ethan carter) don't think it's some cutting edge techniques at all, I can do it, everyone can do it ! Get photo scan for exactly 176$ or worse use meshlab it's free!

Uykered
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 04:09:25 AM »

I hope they make one final real Castlevania game before they die, get the old team back together!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 04:18:27 AM by alastair » Logged
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 05:28:38 AM »

Oh you silly man
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 08:13:12 AM »

Also 3D scan is now so ridiculously cheap indie people can do it (vanishing of ethan carter) don't think it's some cutting edge techniques at all, I can do it, everyone can do it ! Get photo scan for exactly 176$ or worse use meshlab it's free!

yeah my roommate literally does 3D scanning in our basement with modelling clay

anyway this sucks mostly because of silent hills. thankfully mgs5 is intended to be the final metal gear (even more final final final x999 than mgs4) and that means we have a Complete Cycle, whatever that means

jiitype
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 11:19:30 AM »

thankfully mgs5 is intended to be the final metal gear

Final Metal Gear Solid!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 11:31:07 AM »

after that we'll get metal gear gaseous

EDIT: either that or a reboot called metal gears where snake looks like the silent hill 2 main character
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 11:38:49 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 11:35:29 AM »

I assure you VoEC costed A LOT more than that, but yeah, the point still stands in general. Wink

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 11:56:32 AM »

Yeah I kind of simplified 3D scanning, also there is various degree of use to super high fidelity of outdoor to only static mat  object with single cam. Also disregarding "high fidelity" (25 microns and below) facial blend shape capture (which is still "relatively" cheap).

Highly specular objects (mirror like), transparent, or anything who don't have a flat diffuse actually (think clay it's ideal matter) don't capture very well.

But even on top of that you can add some sort of substance capture for the incredible price of some polarized light filter to separate albedo and specular.

In the future substance capture (Light brdf profile) will be even easier (as easy as taking a photography of an object in simplified controlled light environment) as we categorize the type of common brdf profile of common objects (like they did in the order)

http://www.agisoft.com/buy/online-store/

What's VoEC?

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 12:23:55 PM »

What's VoEC?

Vanishing of Ethan Carter. The game you used as an example Smiley.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:40:19 PM by TeeGee » Logged

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic