Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411497 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:23:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesRIP Konami?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: RIP Konami?  (Read 46210 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2015, 11:33:22 AM »

I haven't seen any report of that anywhere else so far, and I still have acess to teh video

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2015, 11:42:45 AM »

same here actually. wat a heck. i should know better than to trust totalbiscuit i guess  Giggle  My Word! Gentleman  Noir Wizard
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2015, 11:59:28 AM »

They got it back.
https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/597849848004620288
quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2015, 06:09:27 PM »

sotn guy is makin his own game
hopefully this is cool, Igarashi sounds pretty passionate about it so I hope something good can come out of this.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2015, 04:05:10 AM »

im super excite, but its weird, cos it looks like order of ecclessia reboot. I dont know if all the similarities intentional, but they are not limited by character design. Beceause of their similarities they kinda look like deviantart ogs, i wonder if presented style is subject to change.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2015, 05:01:23 AM »

tbh i think iga got everything he could out of the formula. it was getting kinda stale by end of it actually and im not sure i really need new games in the same style from him. not hyped.

(speaking as someone who likes castlevania but isnt really a *fan*. from the fan perspective i can understand it)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 05:09:01 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2015, 08:02:01 AM »

i dont know if being a producer means he had much input on post-sotn games. They made two weird gba games, reached peak with aria of sorrow and then there were two gmes that were the same thing. Order of Eclessia was a step in new direction, it introduced chest system, ramped up the difficulty. It was hard and grinding was part of the core experience, but it was definitely a move in the new direction.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2015, 09:11:38 AM »

I noticed the bootleg Ecclesia look too. I'm really disappointed by how the characters look. Something about them just rubs me the wrong way.

I actually hope this game is a bit more like Dawn of Sorrow, since that's probably my favorite in the series. 
HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2015, 10:29:38 AM »

i forgot what dawn even did besides add more grinding to aria things

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2015, 10:46:51 AM »

aria is the best handheld igavania imo

ooe did a few new things but some of it felt ill conceived, chiefly the new approach to level design. it also didnt really revitalize the series for me. watever.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2015, 02:03:10 PM »

I would expect the design to be more like SotN and Aria (Aria basically being SotN for the GBA).

Aria was the best, though I really liked the "class" system in Circle of the Moon. I played through all five runs and it felt different enough to be enjoyable.

OoE thrived on the character design more than anything. The level design wasn't too big a jump from the portrait levels in Portrait of Ruin, but both of them suffered because the inter-connectivity of the disparate rooms is a lot of the fun of designing large, continuous worlds. Symphony of the Night wasn't really all that much different (all the major areas were connected by identical loading halls) but at least you could consider how the shape of the areas connect to fill the map.

I also really liked the level 1 cap challenge in OoE. I think they had that in PoR too, but OoE was the one that I played through and enjoyed it.

PoR had really lovely sublevel design (I especially liked the city levels, and the one where you start the map in a train tunnel and get hit by the train) but the abrupt disconnect between the main castle and the other sublevels made it better suited to a traditional NES Castlevania game or maybe a collect-a-thon. I'd really enjoy seeing the level design have more smooth transitions between area like a waterworks area located under a clocktower but over an underground river so there can be a logical connect between them (and possibilities for puzzles that make use of those connections, like manipulating the river to power the waterworks).

I'm good with it only marginally experimenting with the formula, though, even if it's just a new layout of the maps and different hiding places for the items with a new art direction. I view playing through these games like taking a hike in a new park; it's okay if the activity is exactly the same if the new scenery is worth seeing.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2015, 05:50:40 PM »

oh also ooe has lots of reused rooms. its really noticeable esp in the in the pre castle levels
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2015, 03:12:06 PM »

On a tangent, the stretch goals in the kickstarter are bugging me.

One of the stretch goals is "A new boss", but since the campaign never specified how many bosses will be in the game nobody will ever know the difference. Which boss was the bonus?

Which stretch goals were the two revealed by hitting ten achievements? Six achievements were added after all the initial goals were met. Are they just making up extra goals as they go along?

Some of these goals kind of feel like they always intended to use them - I can't imagine they wouldn't have recruited David Haytor even if they missed the goal.

I liked a lot of the lead up, the twitch streamed games were great and I think it was smart to copy the "Achievements" thing from the Exploding Kittens kickstarter, but I feel like they could have put a lot more thought into the stretch goals. I'm still confident of the team they've put together and the concept they're approaching, but that one part of the campaign is really bugging me.

I could chalk it up to kickstarter being a very new platform, though.
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2015, 07:23:49 PM »

Are they just making up extra goals as they go along?

probably

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2015, 09:30:10 AM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1046059

"We will pursue mobile games aggressively," says Konami's new CEO Hayakawa in an interview with Nikkei Trendy Net.

"Our main platform will be mobiles. Following the pay-as-you-play model of games like Power pro and Winning Eleven with additional content, our games must move from selling things like "items" to selling things like "features."

"We saw with these games that even people who buy physical games are motivated to buy extra content. The success of Power pro especially has motivated us to actively push more of our popular series onto mobile than ever before."

"Gaming has spread to a number of platforms, but at the end of the day, the platform that is always closest to us, is mobile. Mobile is where the future of gaming lies."

"We hope that our overseas games such as MGSV and Winning Eleven continue to do well, but we are always thinking about how to push our franchises onto mobile there too."

"With multiplatform games, there's really no point in dividing the market into categories anymore. Mobiles will take on the new role of linking the general public to the gaming world."

http://jin115.com/archives/52080348.html

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2015, 09:37:05 AM »

Short overview on gacha japanese flipphone bullshit is required to understand whats really happening.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2015, 10:10:36 AM »

SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2015, 01:44:14 PM »

The follow up to super bunnyhop DMC takedown:

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2015, 02:05:43 PM »

I had dl the first video preemptively did the same for the new one

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2015, 02:37:16 PM »

I wonder if anyone at Konami legal warned them this would backfire? I can't imagine their entire office is unfamiliar with the Streisand Effect.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic