Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:13:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessReddit Advertising your Indiegame - does it work?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Reddit Advertising your Indiegame - does it work?  (Read 1546 times)
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: March 22, 2015, 04:01:26 PM »

Success or failure stories please.

Falsen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 12:20:31 PM »

Here's a post from the developer of Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball on this subject: http://82apps.tumblr.com/post/104854700703/analysis-of-reddit-ads-for-disco-dodgeball-demo

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 06:03:03 PM »

Here's a post from the developer of Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball on this subject: http://82apps.tumblr.com/post/104854700703/analysis-of-reddit-ads-for-disco-dodgeball-demo

Thanks Falsen, super helpful! I like that they give you the opportunity to advertise to "Gamers" generally.

bdsowers
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 04:36:45 PM »

I just put up a post about my game in /r/indiegames and found that traffic to my game did increase (we were the top result for a couple days and then lingered on the front page for a couple more). Not a huge amount - I'm not retiring or anything - but it was a noticeable spike.

xier
Level 1

Totes mah goats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 04:47:51 AM »

Would it better to have someone (a gamer / fan) making a post about how awesome x is and they are like super excited to share it? Is this too fake? I have yet to venture into reddit marketing, but i mean aren't shameless plugs a no-no there?

Currently working on: www.dragonoflegends.com
Feel like connecting? {Twitter}{Facebook}
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 08:27:54 AM »

I just put up a post about my game in /r/indiegames and found that traffic to my game did increase (we were the top result for a couple days and then lingered on the front page for a couple more). Not a huge amount - I'm not retiring or anything - but it was a noticeable spike.
That's great to hear. (PS/ what's your game?)

Would it better to have someone (a gamer / fan) making a post about how awesome x is and they are like super excited to share it? Is this too fake? I have yet to venture into reddit marketing, but i mean aren't shameless plugs a no-no there?
Real audience members or your friends, sure but -- if it was a new account I think it would look sketchy.

xier
Level 1

Totes mah goats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 09:47:21 AM »

Oh yea quantum, I am talking about having someone with a high karma rating post on the developers behalf

Currently working on: www.dragonoflegends.com
Feel like connecting? {Twitter}{Facebook}
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 08:12:54 PM »

Cool. How's your karma? Smiley

Paragonyx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 02:01:29 PM »

You would have to be very careful with this. Redditors can spot self-promotion from a mile away and they don't like it.

The best way would be to SOMEHOW contribute to the subreddits while advertising your game in an ingenious way.

- Alexis

Paragonyx.com | Paragonyx's Facebook | Paragonyx's Twitter | Paragonyx's Tumblr |
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic