Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 01:45:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsDeveloper looking for team for small games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Developer looking for team for small games  (Read 669 times)
Tiblanc
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2015, 11:29:18 AM »

I'm looking for a team in need of some coding help for their game.

I've been a business software developer for the past 10+ years and dabble in games on the side. The main hurdle I have been facing has always been lack of art. I'm a sucker for RPGs so I'll start some weird combat engine, get some progress and reach a point where I really need more than the placeholder art I have been using, try my hand at it and the project drags on forever which is then put out of its misery.

As Einstein put it, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different result.

That's why I'm willing to join an existing team or someone who has the artistic side covered this time around. I'm open to all game ideas, as long as it's small in scope and the art aspect has already been figured out. If there's funding required, that also needs to be taken care of. Banking on Kickstarter won't work for me.

I work full time, so I do game dev during my daily commute which amounts to about half an hour every day. I also try to squeeze in a few hours here and there when familial duties have been taken care of. You can get an idea of my development speed from the recent devlogs below. I don't have as much time as I used to have, but I do get stuff working properly at blazing speeds.

As said, I have no completed game to show off, but I do have a nice graveyard filled with prototypes. I've made games on my Commodore 64 when I was a kiddo and dabbled in pretty much everything since then. I prefer Unity these days, but anything is fine as long as it's a sane development environment.

Novus Dawn
Isometric SRPG originally developed in Flash. I made an isometric blitting engine that was quite efficient. We later converted to Unity to use the editor. Combat engine was fully functional with AI, but the project slowly died off due to it stretching on for so long and the harsh reality of hi resolution pixel art.
- Devlog (images are busted Sad) : http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=22147
- Some video of it in action :

Wishing Star
Made in Unity from the ground up. It was a game about a star jumping from planet to planet collecting things along the way. I powered through the core gameplay in a few hours. Project died off after a while for various reasons.
- Prototype gameplay :

- With some art : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pio23FhnBI

Archmage Arena
Board game with some RPG elements made in Java with GWT because I wanted a quick and dirty way to work on RPC calls. I had the intention of porting it to Unity to get it on mobile devices after a while. Died because I never quite found that magic feature.
- Devlog : http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=42345

Pixel Brawlers
Turn based dueling game with RPG elements made in Unity. It was means as a multiplayer game from the ground up and was almost fully playable. I put it on hold because it made little business sense to pursue it without proper art and PR.
- Devlog : http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=45517

All the rest
Before all that, there was a bunch of games and prototypes I made on whatever was cool back then which ranges from BASIC on the Commodore 64 to Unity, sidetracking into C++, Java and who knows what.

That's about it! If you have an interesting project, feel free to contact me either on these boards or through email.
Rolento
Level 0

Make it in Red British Butter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 01:53:57 PM »

Interested as I just started a family and love doing art but have two part time jobs.

I've made my own stuff in gamemaker and have done alot in terms of the contemporary art world, but would like to work with or in a team for a change as I have a programming mental block right now...

check my stuff out if you can and PM me if it piques your interest at all

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic