Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:02:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignMods in multiplayer games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mods in multiplayer games  (Read 833 times)
kamac
Level 10

Notoriously edits his posts

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2015, 11:41:58 AM »

Hey there.

I'm making a multiplayer game, which is ment to be played by ~4 up to ~32 players per server, and lately I started to wonder: do I need this game to be moddable? I can't imagine more than two, maybe three game modes that would suit the game style. Ofcourse, I suppose if somebody was to mod and, and he was motivated, he could make really big mod, like c-rpg was for mount & blade, but I don't expect to have that much commited players. But nevertheless, I looked up a few different MP games, and all of them were moddable.

Do you think that I should make my game moddable aswell? Is it worth the effort? Most of the time the mods are really crappy anyway.

Would seeing that the game is not moddable stop you from buying it?

Cheers.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:31:49 PM by kamac » Logged

Tobers
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 01:05:33 PM »

I'd say that unless you know exactly how to do it well, don't worry about it. There are enough hurdles getting these games made without providing your own. If you're questioning it, then it sounds like it's not important enough to lag your progress.

Oh god make it stop.
kamac
Level 10

Notoriously edits his posts

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 05:25:34 AM »

I suppose you are right. I do want to ever release this game after all. I only hope this doesn't put people off from playing it.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic