Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:42:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall[FREE][ADVENTURE] Skullz
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [FREE][ADVENTURE] Skullz  (Read 735 times)
Pizzamakesgames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: March 24, 2015, 03:11:01 PM »

Skullz, originally described as "A trippy Adventure, quite unlike anything you've ever seen, probably."

I'd now rather call it that giant mountain I scaled but still find myself climbing.

It's an adventure game, kinda traditional, kinda not.

It's somewhat long for a flash game and more of a cross of an interactive movie or visual novel disguised as an adventure. It's  an incredibly personal piece. It doesn't try to win your attention, it doesn't try to make you like it, it doesn't have shiny icons or anything anybody would've ever suggested it should. It's just what I thought would be good to have next at any given time during the development.

Originally, Skullz was developed in Flash as my bachelor's thesis and released on itch.io and gamejolt.com as a 100+ megabyte beast. A week later I reworked it to just 16mb and also released it on newgrounds.com.

Then I actually made a crowd-funding campaign for a sequel, which failed to reach it's goal with 307/500€.

In response to that campaign, a publisher approached me and asked me to release the game on Android & iOS, which I did by porting it to Haxeflixel.

Ever since, I'm trying to clear my head of worries enough to get around to continue working on the sequel, but so far have failed to accomplish.

Just play it, check it out, give it a glimpse. I'm trying to somehow make it as a game dev and posting this game right here right now is just another attempt at maybe somehow making that one to a million roll of somehow getting the foot in some kinda door that I'm not even aware of what it's the door of yet.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic