Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 12:35:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGood podcast list
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Good podcast list  (Read 855 times)
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2015, 10:07:13 AM »

Podcasts are my caffeine, more podcasts needed.
Here is the list of the some of podcasts im listening to:

Educational/History/Other:
Hardcore History - its really hardcore and graphic at times, but such were times. Really interesting insight into humanity worst hours.
Dollop - one man explains some historical events to another. They rarely end good. Some of them involve dolphins on acid.
Radiolad - feast for your mind and ears

Gamedev:
Sup Holmes

Gaming:
Giant Bomb Stuff - videogames

- only if you immune to TB
Lets Drown Out - Ben "Yantzee" Croshaw makes good of his promises to kidnap hobo and play videogames with him.
http://dicetower.com/ if you like board game stuff! I really enjoy the dynamic between Tom and Eric on this show.

Comics/movies/pop-culture:
Worst Idea of All Time - it is
How Did This Get Made - bad movies, lots of terrible jokes
I was there too - interview with actors and extras from famous movies
James Bonding - its about James Bond and stuff
U2 talkin U2 to me - largest and most comprehensive guide of all things U2
Rachel and Miles explain the X-men - nice insigh into X-men comics, you been warned
War Rocket Ajax - comics, wrestling, interviews with comic-book writers
Cox N Crendor - its non-content, but they pdoduce amazing cartoons based on their escapades
Still Untitled: The Adam Savage Project will talk about Mythbuster Adam Savage's childhood, making props for movies, movie discussions and his recent purchases like a quadcopter drone.

Post your suggestinos, ill update first post if its nothing offensive. I can update it with links if neccesary.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 05:14:59 AM by Cobralad » Logged
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 11:56:37 AM »

http://dicetower.com/ if you like board game stuff! I really enjoy the dynamic between Tom and Eric on this show.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
LobsterSundew
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 01:38:13 AM »

Still Untitled: The Adam Savage Project will talk about Mythbuster Adam Savage's childhood, making props for movies, movie discussions and his recent purchases like a quadcopter drone.

For history/trivia there is Stuff You Should Know and Stuff You Missed in History Class.

I've been listening to

series on YouTube in the background like a podcast. Each week there is a breakdown of the important events that happened around exactly 100 years ago from the current date.

The Age of Persuasion went into the history of advertising campaigns. Production of episodes has stopped and some links are broken.

biomechanic
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 01:45:42 AM »

http://www.writingexcuses.com/ writing tips and discussion from successful authors.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 04:56:12 PM »

my brother my brother and me
3 brothers give bad advice to listeners and also answer shitty yahoo answers questions
it's a low concept but their chemistry and comedy really elevates it. plus, the format means you can start at any point and be good, pretty much. good episodes to listen to: "spaghetageddon" "i hate you, ron" "the petting zoo mystery" "the garfield monstrosity"

i am seeing them live in a little over a week and i am very excited.

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 05:52:59 PM »

Judge John Hodgman is funny
linger
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 06:43:29 PM »

My absolute two favorite podcasts:

Planet Money: NPR does economics, and of course it's awesome. The hosts are great and they bring a very human side to the economic stories. They're compelling stories, even as you're learning.

Geeks Guide to the Galaxy: It's not just two guys trying to be funny, it's actually insightful and interesting. It has great guests (Cory Doctorow, Ursula K. LeGuin, basically all the other famous SF authors) and they let them just be themselves and relate all the compelling thoughts and stories that've gone through their heads.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic