Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 04:32:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[CLOSED] Variable State is looking for a contract programmer to work on Virginia
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Variable State is looking for a contract programmer to work on Virginia  (Read 1415 times)
Jonathan Burroughs
Level 1

Co-founder Variable State

View Profile WWW
« on: March 26, 2015, 04:15:47 PM »

Update:
Just a quick note to say the position has been filled. Thank you to everyone who applied and thank you for your interest. Best of luck to you all in your work!

Hello!

Variable State is looking for a contract programmer to work on Virginia.

The role will begin in May and last for 15 months.

This is a fixed term contract and will not lead to a full time position I'm afraid, even if you are entirely lovely.

Responsibilities:
  • Developing features and systems in coordination with design
  • Bringing Virginia to a variety of platforms, overseeing compliance, compatibility and certification
  • Ensuring build stability at every stage of the project

You must be able to:
  • Work remotely, using your own hardware and software
  • Participate in web-based company chat and video conference
  • Be available for normal business hours in UK time / GMT+0
  • Work in Unity, write in C#
  • Design and write structured, well thought out code
  • Submit work via Perforce
  • Work independently with confidence, own your tasks and deliver to quality in a timely manner and to deadline

Added bonuses:
  • You have shipped PC or console titles before
  • You’re familiar with Unity
  • You live in or near London, England

We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, gender and ethnicity, but, as women, LGBTQs and members of ethnic minorities are under-represented in games, we would encourage applications from members of these groups.

We value folk who are patient in their dealings with others and who are thoughtful and conscientious in their approach to work. We like people who are open and communicative about what they do, who like sharing knowledge and enjoy educating team members about their field of expertise.

Interested? Please drop us a line with your CV at [email protected].

Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 04:38:38 AM by HiFiHair » Logged

Jonathan Burroughs
Level 1

Co-founder Variable State

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 08:44:19 AM »

Oh yeah! Just to give you a bit more information about the game and the people you could be working with:

Variable State is a virtual studio based out of the UK and Ireland. It was set up by myself, Jon Burroughs, and my friend Terry Kenny back in January of 2014. We each have over a decade of experience working in studio game development, which is partly why we don't want to do it anymore. I've worked at various times for companies like EA and Rare, Terry's worked for Rockstar on the GTA games. We're collaborating with composer Lyndon Holland and, from time to time, with artist Wayne Peters.

Virginia is our first game. It's a first person interactive story something-or-other, equal parts inspired by Twin Peaks and Thirty Flights of Loving. We've shown off a limited demo at some trade shows and plan to release a full length version a some point next year. You can read some of the press coverage of the game here: link!

If it tickles you and the job spec seems like your kind of thing please do get in touch. A word of warning, even though we're a virtual studio and work remotely, we really need someone who'll be prepared be available during business hours in UK / GMT+0 time. That doesn't necessarily preclude anybody applying who lives in a different time zone, but it's something you should definitely be mindful of.

Thanks for reading. And thank you to everyone who has got in touch so far. I promise I'll get back to you in due course!

belbeeno
Level 1

video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 04:07:59 PM »

It's a shame that it's 3 in the morning for me when your business hours usually start, because I would otherwise jump on the opportunity to work on this beautiful project.  Keep up the good work, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this one!   Blink

@belbeeno - website
Buy my dang game, Factory Hiro!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic